Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hello Tiki Freakies!

Pages: 1 1 replies

I am michaelhigh, retro-musician-type and newcomer to the Polynesian Pop scene! I can hardly contain myself! When I discover a new interest it usually comes from a musical perspective, and I can see that there is an entire subculture I can delve into here... I do mainly garage rock music but I also write and record surf rock and am anxious to absorb the many and varied exotica influences on display here. I just love finding new forums to chat on, the entire experience is such a great way to expand one's horizons... Let me first say that as a huge fan of The Quiet Village podcasts, of which I'm a subscriber, Digitiki and his super-brilliant work has jettisoned me into Tiki culture, exotica, space age bach pad music and incredible musical domains the likes of which I have never experienced before! And I'm years old! (Fill in the blank yourself. It's only a number to me...)So, for now, I'll step back, absorb the culture, get a maitai rockin' and jump in somewhere, hopefully, and not stub my toe! Thank you in advance for what I KNOW is going to be an exotic experience! Sincerely, michaelhigh

HJ

Welcome to one of the hippest e-lounges in this and neighbouring arms of the galactic spiral. Dig it.

Pages: 1 1 replies