Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My new mini Tiki Mug...for the girls!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Pickings are slim for Tiki here in Vancouver but I manage to find a little mug in Zellers! Complete with Barbie for only $20. She also has two outfits, a bamboo beach chair and hair extensions. So who says there is no Tiki in Vancouver?

There is no tiki in Vancouver

there, I've said it.

Not that it is right, or wrong, but it just IS... :)

Did Barbie have a breast reduction or something?

Score! I've never been a barbie fan, but a TIKI barbie! Well, I may just have to get me one of them there girlies. She would look great lounging in the top of a big Tiki mug...very Shag-esque!

Here in Victoria the Tiki pickings are also very slim. Thrift stores have been my best source, antique stores are just too stuck in England.(give it another 5-10 years) I think what's happening here is that the elderly people that had the collections and bars are passing away, and their children(50s-60s) for the most part don't want anything to do with this 'junk' since it symbolizes their parents. So, it ends up in Value Village or the Sally Ann. DARN! :) I've actually passed by a few things lately, can you imagine?! And I only just started my collection! Maybe the pickings aren't so slim?

M

On 2003-05-20 00:28, tikimonkey wrote:
There is no tiki in Vancouver

there, I've said it.

Not that it is right, or wrong, but it just IS... :)

Don't forget the Waldorf Hotel in Vancouver with all the Leetegs...

-martin

I took a second look Bong, and yes they are much smaller! And this is a 2003 model. You wouldn't expect less plastic when the general public is adding more and more to theirs. Very observant of you!

Pages: 1 5 replies