Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge 12-1-10 Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

DZ

Because of a glitch with one of the CD players at the radio station, I ended up playing two Dick Dale songs near the end of this show instead of just one, as I had originally planned. i hope you didn't mind. Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Fairfax Radio, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.fcac.org/webr when we will kick off our annual Xmas Extravaganza for the next three shows, followed by a New Years-themed show on December 29.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: December 1, 2010

1. “Rhythm of the Islands” by Tau Moe & The Original Hawaiians from the CD Box Set: “Steelin’ It – The Steel Guitar Story” [Recorded in Copenhagen in 1952]

2. “Hawaii Blue” by Tiki Joe's Ocean from their latest CD: Under the Midnight Sun

3. “Bali Ha'i” Alfred Apaka With the Hawaiian Village Serenaders from the LP: My Isle of Golden Dreams

4. “Drums of Hawaii” from the collection: The Exotic Sounds of Arthur Lyman

5. “Full Moon” by Eden Ahbez from the scholarly compilation: RE/Search Incredibly Strange Music, Volume II [Drawn from the LP: “Eden’s Island.” Ahbez was the composer of “Nature Boy”

6. “The Other Side of the Moon” by Don Tiki – The Ursula 1000 Remix from the CD: Don Tiki Adulterated

7. “Mambo Silbado” by Randy Carlos Y Su Orquesta form the collection: Mobologia Pa’ Gozar, Volume 1

8. “South of the Border” by Charlie Christian With the Benny Goodman Band, featuring Lionel Hampton from the CD: On the Air, Recorded between 1939-1941

9. “Mango Mangue” the 1949 recording by Charlie Parker With Machito & His Orchestra from the CD Box Set: Boss Bird – Studio Recordings 1944-51

10. “As Long as I'm Singin'” by The Brian Setzer Orchestra from the CD: The Dirty Boogie

11. “Atlantis” by the U.K. Band, The Shadows from their collection: 30 All Time Greatest Hits

12. “The James Bond Theme” by Leroy Holmes and Monty Norman from the anthology: Ultra Lounge: The Crime Scene – Spies, Thighs & Private Eyes

13. “The Victor,” the 1964 tune from the CD cornucopia: King of the Surf Guitar: The Best of Dick Dale & His Del-Tones

14. “Shake ‘n Stomp,” the 1962 song from King of the Surf Guitar: The Best of Dick Dale & His Del-Tones

15. “Moonray” the 1955 recording taken from the Horace Silver Supreme Jazz Super Audio CD, with Horace Silver on Piano, Milt Jackson on Vibes, Percy Heath on Bass, and Connie Kay on Drums

Pages: 1 0 replies