Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Tiki Kaimuki Smugglers Cove Mr. Macapuno Mug-New

Pages: 1 12 replies

i have a limited edition Mr. Macapuno mug for sale. these were a run of 26 sold out at Smugglers Cove in San Francisco.

here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170577687458&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

mahalo!

T

Cool looking mug. Never saw this one before.

Wow, that was a quick turnaround. Yes, 26 were made, but only 23 were made available to the public. We kept a couple to drink out of and Martin got one.

Seriously? You only bought it to flip it? Baaaad ju-ju for you pal!

On 2010-12-10 14:51, rugbymatt wrote:

thank you for the bad ju-ju rugbymatt. i wish you all the best, and aloha.

L

100% agreed!

On 2010-12-10 15:29, tikitopdog wrote:

thank you for the bad ju-ju rugbymatt. i wish you all the best, and aloha.

Listen friend, I am not laying a curse on you. I was merely pointing out that flipping is not always the best karmic thing but hey, its a free society. Also please don't throw out the passive-agressive "aloha" when your 2nd ever post on TC is to flip a ltd edition mug.

[ Edited by: rugbymatt 2010-12-10 16:16 ]

Aloha Folks, Let me clarify my position on people reselling my mugs. Since I make them, I think I have the right to say something. I have no problem with someone who buys any of my creations to simply resell. As long as there was no shadiness and everything was distributed in an equitable fashion, it really ain't much different than a retailer buying from a wholesaler and selling or someone finding something at a flea market and putting it on ebay.

I try to make sure that these limited edition deals are available in an fair way and I wish I had the capacity to make enough for everyone who wanted one. Since this is my second job, I just don't have the hours to make a ton of any of my designs. I DO appreciate all of you who have supported my work by buying something or just by giving props.
MAHALO!- Kaimuki

Okay Falin, it's your work and I respect that.

hey guys

sorry about the confusion over the mug. i am new to this culture, and can appreciate your defense of it, and respect it.

just to shed some light on my position with this mug. i was acting as an intermediary for a friend who could not make it out to San Francisco for the release. but due to personal reasons, he has decided not to keep the mug. now i have a mug which i can enjoy, but would rather pass it on to someone who can appreciate it more than i. a friend told me about this site, so i thought i would like to give the tikicentral community a heads up.

Okay, that's cool. Good luck with the sale.

One last thing, the auction says the mold was destroyed, but this is not true. The mold for the mug is still slowly churning out the regular edition of the Mr. Macapuno mug. The difference is that it will not have the Smuggler's Cove driftwood on the back and will not come with the painted skull box. Hope to have some available before the new year.

L

On 2010-12-13 10:28, Tiki Kaimuki wrote:
One last thing, the auction says the mold was destroyed, but this is not true. The mold for the mug is still slowly churning out the regular edition of the Mr. Macapuno mug. The difference is that it will not have the Smuggler's Cove driftwood on the back and will not come with the painted skull box. Hope to have some available before the new year.

Awesome! I really want one of these. Its my favorite mug of yours so far !

Pages: 1 12 replies