Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Why I don't like Cocaine.

Pages: 1 11 replies

TM
W

I don't really like any Clapton songs.

TM

Believe me, I was just talking about the song......:)

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2010-12-11 08:34 ]

L

Lucas why dont you just post one thread in Bilge, change the title and then add your new thoughts/Youtube video postings to that?

I am curious as to why you have to start so many new threads every day. Are you that chained to your computer/lacking in ability to sleep/slow in the social life aspect?

Curiosity is a funny thing. For example, I am curious why you don't just:

1. Not read my posts if they offend you so much.
  2. consider asking why other's don't follow your stupid rule. (or are only the Koolkids exempt from your rule?)
  3. Mind your own business.

This is bilge. Read the rules of bilge if you are having a trouble remembering what this section of the forum is for.

"For drunken, waaaay off-topic, time killer or non-informative posts. And Lamprey discussion."

http://www.myspace.com/lucasvigor

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2010-12-11 10:14 ]

Holy crap is that bad! I'm not a Clapton fan, but JJ Cale wrote that song and he deserve's better.

W

"I don't really like any Clapton songs."

I made that comment as a joke. I didn't even watch the video (can't at home) until now. I've heard "bands" do this song before, much in this same fashion. For some reason the song appeals to the wannabe rockers.

TM

I think that even if most of us tried to play this badly, we still would not be able to. These guys deserve special kudos just for this!

You know how they have low-ball poker, were you try to get the worst hand possible? This is the same principle, maybe.

On 2010-12-11 08:03, woofmutt wrote:
I don't really like any Clapton songs.

Huh? you don't like Clapton? Then PLEASE listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_M9zWORBuA

Say what you want about me, but I have never personally attacked someone on this board, at least not as a first strike. Sure, I have posted some odd stuff, or stuff the majority of humans on this planet may not agree with (like my anti-beatles rants) but as you may or may not have noticed, it is usually in bilge. But I don't think my response to Leleliz was out of line at all. She basically said that I have no social life, which was insulting and rude...and a pretty big assumption. And the odd thing was that it came out of the blue. Probably just a case of someone who happened to be in a bad mood turning on their computer one morning, logging in and seeing one too many Lucas Vigor posts in their opinion. Needless to say, it was hurtful and rude, but you know what? I am already over it. I personally find most of my posts to be funny, or at least meant to be funny. Sometimes it's just a matter of me wanting to cheer myself up...so if I find a funny videoclip, or funny picture...I like to share it with people.

One of the things I like the most about tiki central is the odd personalities that seem to inhabit this forum. While I don't agree with a lot of people's tastes in art or music here, I often find myself laughing my ass off at some of the things people say or post, especially in bilge. We seem to have a large amount of artists, or otherwise talented people on this forum...and most of them have very interesting things to say, even if they are not about tiki. After all, to be into Tiki kind of makes you a weirdo, off-beat person in the first place..so I expect no less, and often look forward to the next demented and twisted ramblings from people such as Sabu, woofmutt, Little Lost tiki and a few others.

Tiki Central can be a great place sometimes. Where else would I have found out about an HO guage model of some vintage tiki bowling alley, or learn about John-O's koreatown trip? If not for Tiki Central, I probably would not have been turned on to half the great bands which are on this forum. But the one bad thing about tiki central can be the somewhat clannish behavior of certain posters...hence my references to the "Kool Kids"...

But equally, I have made a lot of new friends, and the first people I ever met on tiki central in person where people like Al-ii, Polypop, King Kukulele and Dr. Z. They were nice to me right from the start....others, not so much....but oh well, you are never going to get along with everyone, right?

OK, time to get this thread back on track!

I was talking to my doctor down at the hospital
He said, "Son, it says here you're twenty-seven,
But that's impossible
Cocaine-- you look like you could be forty-five"

Pages: 1 11 replies