Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

buy the falconstein !! 1963 falcon-art car -cheap!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hey All,

The time has come for us to part with the uber awesome Falconstein! We are moving from Carlsbad to San Francisco and the new digs don't have any parking or garage! :(

It does run, albeit a bit rough at this point. It's street legal and is registered -just actually paid the registration, so it's good for a whole year. Has vanity plates too!

We used to cruise it around our little beach town all the time during the summer and people couldn't get enough of it. Every time e parked it we would come back to people taking pictures of and with it. A conversation starter for sure! Perfect for car shows and just having fun in.

The bad thing is, the last house we had didn't have a garage, so we just had a car cover over it and it has some wear. I'll update the photos when I get back into town.

Email for more info, but I really want someone that loves cars and will get this thing rolling and have some fun with it. We bought it for $2K three years ago and I'm totally willing to work with anyone that is stoked to have it. It doesn't have seat belts.

It is Parade Rolled so the it has no windows on the sides.

Serious inquiries please.--Email with any questions--I'll be happy to answer and show this asap in Carlsbad.

The grill isn't finished--it was supposed to have baboo across the front and a tiki maske or something in front. Use your imagination to finish it!

[ Edited by: tropicali*honey 2010-12-17 17:17 ]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/honeyandskiv/sets/72157602636824961/with/1690947187/

It also has brass knnuckers as the colum shifter--real horse shoes on the gas and brake pedals--just lots of sweet touches.

falconstein by honeyandskiv, on Flickr

Grill is mocked up in Photoshop on how we had planned to finish it--

On 2010-12-17 15:43, tropicalihoney wrote:*

It also has brass knnuckers as the colum shifter--real horse shoes on the gas and brake pedals--just lots of sweet touches.

Is that a switchblade for the blinkers?!? 8)
How have I never seen this car? I've lived in Carlsbad/O'side/Vista for years!
Good luck with the sale, and the new life in NorCal!

Yep, it is! It has some serious cool touches--Wanna own this? :) I'll make you a good deal!
Sadly, it's been in the garage for the last year, but before that we cruised it when we lived in Encinitas quite a bit.

PLEASE someone grab this baby. I'm worried we may have to just put it into storage or something. I'd love for someone to get it rockin' and show it off. It's too cool to be hidden away :wink:

I'm also now selling my tiki bar. Posting pics now in the marketplace. IM me for details!!

This is freakin amazing! I'm puttin this at the top of my wishlist this Crunkmas.

Too cool. I have a mostly-stock '63, they are great cars.

B

hey looks pretty interesting - not sure how much of a hurry you are in, but as SF transplants to LA, I understand your reluctance to try to find parking in Baghdad by the Bay!

Me and the missus "The Mighty Woo" will be headed down to SD on Monday 12/27 and would be interested in stopping by to take a look. You say it's running but "a bit rough" - I've resurrected a number of 60's rust-monkeys - so a couple mechanical details would help me out:

What block does it have and is it original (if not what is the replacement and when) how is the tranny (I'm assuming its "three on the tree" - is the knuckle-duster grip still there?)

What are the major issues as far as you can tell.. not worried about cosmetics but I want to make sure the straight-6 is in good order - not too "knocky" or smoky etc.

Let me know

Britiki

B

BTW - we're also looking for 3 barstools for our (handbuilt) tiki bar - yours look pretty tasty - perhaps we can work out a deal...!

Just sent you a PM to call me
:)

Pages: 1 9 replies