Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Help me identify this composer

Pages: 1 3 replies

C

Hello all, this is my first posting on this board, so let me say a big Aloha to you all! I came here to revel in all of this tiki love, but I do have a particularly burning question concerning The Waikikis release, "Moonlight On Diamond Head." There is a song on it that has no composer listed, called Hula Eyes. It is not a version of any of the other Hula Eyes titles out there, and I have never seen or heard it on any other classic releases. Here is a YouTube of the record. Please let me know if you know anything about this song, because I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SueTU3HTLks

[ Edited by: calapia 2010-12-28 18:42 ]

K

On my LP, it says it's written by Jo Van Wetter & B. Ador. I don't know if you have any of the other Waikikis LPs, but those two wrote many of the "non-standard" songs on The Waikikis many LPs. So, that's why you would have never heard it anywhere else as The Waikikis were recording rather late in the "Hawaiian music" craze and it wouldn't have really had much of a chance to be recorded by other "Hawaiian" artists. I really love the Waikikis and most of their original compositions.

C

Great - thanks for that tip. For some reason, I can't find it on the LP I have, but I am going to be on the look out for those tunes on the other Wakikis records as well. When they hit it, they really hit the spot.

Great melody! Thanks for posting the link. I totally dig it!!!

Pages: 1 3 replies