Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Favorite drinks at Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 10 replies

S

I have honestly not ventured far down their menu. I always get a Navy Grog and share a Rum Giggle with my wife.

Over the years, I find their menu uninspiring compared with DtB drinks.

So, tell me what I should be trying when I am in TV!

Tiki Puka Puka. They make a decent one in Atlanta.

A

Have you had their mai tai? They're actually quite famous for it. :wink:

My girlfriend is crazy about the peach tree punch.

I'd second the Tiki Puka Puka. Out in Los Angeles, they have the "1944" Mai Tai on the menu also, which is mixed with individual ingredients and not their normal restaurant Mai Tai mix. Other favorites are the Menehune Punch and Dr. Funk (though your milage may vary on the Dr. Funk depending on bartender, I find it inconsistent).

kevin

Gun Club Punch - A very different drink from their standard mai tail combos. Fruity and colorful in taste. Plus, it is served in it's own unique mug.

On 2011-01-02 11:28, telescopes wrote:
Gun Club Punch - A very different drink from their standard mai tail combos.

"Mai Tail" combos?!?! Sounds good - looks like I've been going to the wrong branch of Trader Vic's! :)

CN

M
Murph posted on Sun, Jan 9, 2011 12:36 PM

I like their Honi Honi.

RR

On 2010-12-31 18:56, heylownine wrote:
I'd second the Tiki Puka Puka. Out in Los Angeles, they have the "1944" Mai Tai on the menu also, which is mixed with individual ingredients and not their normal restaurant Mai Tai mix. Other favorites are the Menehune Punch and Dr. Funk (though your milage may vary on the Dr. Funk depending on bartender, I find it inconsistent).

kevin

They probably got tired of people (like me) asking for a mai tai from scratch.

RR

Double post...

[ Edited by: Rob Roy 2011-01-10 16:44 ]

P

Drink a whole Scorpion Bowl alone you sissy.
They do it right in ATL.

:wink:

On 2011-01-08 21:32, Club Nouméa wrote:

On 2011-01-02 11:28, telescopes wrote:
Gun Club Punch - A very different drink from their standard mai tail combos.

"Mai Tail" combos?!?! Sounds good - looks like I've been going to the wrong branch of Trader Vic's! :)

CN

Make that mai tail drink recipe combinations, i.e. mai tai vs suffering bastard.

Pages: 1 10 replies