Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Haole'akamai & TofuJoe Bon Voyage Party - Smuggler's Cove 1/11/11, 7pmish

Pages: 1 14 replies

It's Official, TofuJoe & I are moving to New Orleans on January 14th. The PODS container will be packed and picked up on the 10th, so the 11th seemed a good day to celebrate.

Martiki has been kind enough to offer up Smuggler's Cove for a little Bon Voyage send off for us. We'll be getting there around 7pm*.

We'd love to see our NorCal TC Ohana before we head out on the open road.

Originally with thought earlier, but turns out we need a couple extra hours of to get our $#!t packed/cleaned/etc... So, 7 it is!**

[ Edited by: haole'akamai 2011-01-11 07:15 ]

It won't be the same without you two.
May you have a wonderful new start.
New Orleans needs a Tiki bar (Port o Call not good enough). See to it!

L

I had heard some rumblings of you all moving to NOLA.

I hope to make it to say Goodbye to ya!

Scott and Thayer, 2 of the nicest people. I'll miss ya'. Not sure if I can make it out for the Bon Voyage. shootz

You guys rock. I just met you at the last anual tiki bocce and had a great time. Our loss is the big easies gain. From one half of team Richard Cranium, you will be missed.

Mahalo! It'll be great to have you guys see us off on Tuesday.

MA

Aloha Thayer & Scott:

Lisa and I will miss you very much. Both of you were always so friendly and welcoming. Pele's Revenge will miss the great times in your backyard. We plan on hitting the Cove to wish you all the best. See you Tuesday.

Brian & Lisa

Bon Voyage! Sorry to miss your goodbye party, but it's mid-week and I just can't swing it this week. The Bay Area's loss is NOLA's gain. Love to you both. And good luck!
Brenda

A

Hey,
We'll miss you guys (even if we already didn't see you too often here in the bay area because of our own homely habits these days)!

Bon voyage and aloha, or as the Germans say, gute fahrt!

-Randy

Changing the gathering time from 5 to 7. Cleaning takes longer than we thought. Guess that's what happens when you aren't very good at it. We might have to get professionals in...

Mahalo to all that came. We really appreciate y'all making time for us. We get on the road tomorrow.

Take Care!

p.s. I hope all the gift cards, store credits, punch cards we gave out will be used!

Best of luck in NOLA Thayer & Scott!

I am a bit jealous - it's one of my favorite cities. Maybe one day...

We will be in town in July for Tales of the Cocktail - hopefully we'll see you there!

I'm happy that we got the chance to see you guys off.
Like I was telling Thayer that night, she was one of the people who ushered me into this whole tiki scene. I don't know if I should be cussing her out or hugging her(usually the hug) for this fact, but I truly appreciate the real class that these two embody. You will be missed over here in Oakland, though you have given us even more reasons to jump on over to New Orleans. Alooooooha!

J

On 2011-01-13 06:05, Haole'akamai wrote:
p.s. I hope all the gift cards, store credits, punch cards we gave out will be used!

I've already used the Starbucks card! Yes, it still had $$ on it! Thanks again!

Safe Travels and good luck in yer new hometown.

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 14 replies