Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Where to get Ratan / Bamboo furniture in SoCal

Pages: 1 10 replies

My friend is going to remodel a room in his house with a polynesian theme. He would like to know where could he go for a good selection of ratan or bamboo furniture in Southern California?

Thanks,
The Monitors

It's a little on the expensive side, but Kelly's on Broadway in Long Beach has rattan furniture. Right now they have a very cool rattan bar in their window dispaly.

a friend of mine, KC Heylin of Beachdude.Inc in Newport Beach, always has a line on vitage rattan and koa furniture.

another friend, Joe O'Neil, owner of The Hawaiian Antique Center in Honolulu on Kapahulu has vintage and new rattan and koa. the only down side is the $750 or so to ship, but it's very nice stuff.

if you need any info, email me.

There is a store (can't recall the name) on Abbot Kinney Blvd. in Venice (North side of the street between Hal's and the Brig) which carries bamboo polynesean furniture.

They also have a very nice collection of original tiki mugs.

However, no deals are to be had here, either.

D

I just bought a mug from K.C. Heylin he seems like a really nice guy, he told me about his furniture, I would love to see some of it. I think he is going to be at "Da Show"? If he is you can see some of his stuff there.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-05-21 09:45 ]

L
laney posted on Wed, May 21, 2003 9:43 AM

On 2003-05-21 09:09, Tiki_Bong wrote:
a friend of mine, KC Heylin of Beachdude.Inc in Newport Beach, always has a line on vitage rattan and koa furniture.

KC Heylin? That name sounds familiar, did he ever sing and play guitar? I think I saw him at the Roxy 15+ years ago. (one of my first under age drinking experience-can't believe they served me)He used to live on Balboa Peninsula. Could be another KC Heylin though.

In Orange County:

Bamboo Ben Custom Tropical Decor
712 Yorktown Avenue
Huntington Beach
714-960-1860

House of Tiki
1860 Newport Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
949-642-8454

Islands Bamboo and Teak Furniture
14161 Beach Blvd.
Westminster, CA
714-894-3483

Rattan Mann
301 East Stevens
Santa Ana
714-556-2100

Dockside Furniture/Wicker-Rattan Discounters
2959 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa
714-556-9851

Wicker Rattan Mart
8760 Warner Avenue
Fountain Valley
714-841-4248

In Palm Springs:

Tropical Scene
1117 North Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs
760-323-2277

SugarCaddyDaddy's SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-08-26 15:10 ]

Don't forget Judy at Bamboo 2u in Leucadia and Hula Beach in San Clemente.

On 2003-05-21 09:43, laney wrote:

KC Heylin? That name sounds familiar, did he ever sing and play guitar? I think I saw him at the Roxy 15+ years ago. (one of my first under age drinking experience-can't believe they served me)He used to live on Balboa Peninsula. Could be another KC Heylin though.

Laney,

Yeah, it's the same whacky KC Heylin. I'm trying to get him to play bass in our little band. And yes, he'll be at "Da Show" this June.

Thank you for all your numerous replies. My friend will be very pleased.

Anyone been here?

Pages: 1 10 replies