Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Shag accident!?!?

Pages: 1 15 replies

Hey,
I just got the Shagmart newsletter and it said that Shag had suffered a life threatening accident! It said he was ok and would be taking it easy for a while... Anyone know what happened?

T

Oh my god. How horrible, but as long as he's doing well that's good news.

as copy and pasted from my shagmart email

Shagmart Newsletter 12/31/10Friday, December 31, 2010 8:03 PMFrom: "Shagmart" Add sender to ContactsTo: [email protected]
Hey Jon,

Happy New Year! We hope 2010 has been a good year for you and we wish you a great 2011.

Shag's newest print, Cat Serenade, seen above, goes on sale to the public on Monday, January 3rd at 1:00pm PST. As a member of our mailing list, you can purchase one now. To buy a print, or for more information, please click here

Many of you have heard about the life-threatening accident that Shag suffered a few weeks ago. We want to thank you for all of the well wishes and let you know that he is expected to make a full recovery. Due to the accident, Shag is planning to take the next year or so easy and will not be exhibiting any original paintings. While he is recovering he plans to take on a handful of commissions. If you are interested, please contact us for further details.

If you are looking for a print that we no longer have, we suggest you visit our consigment/discontinued items page here or contact one of Shag's Authorized Dealers.

Cheers!
Your friends at Shagmart

Josh is supposed to be at DTB at Huntington Beach (actually Sunset Beach) with Otto tonite for the waitiki 7 event - lets see what we hear from there.

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2011-01-01 20:55 ]

T

Yeah, WTF. I've combed the inter-webs and can't find a thing

T

http://arrestedmotion.com/2010/12/openings-josh-agle-shag-–-“ambergris”-jonathan-levine-gallery/

From the Jonathan LeVine Gallery posted December 17, 2010:

"Happily, the artist was able to to make it to the opening despite an unfortunate accident that left him injured."

Glad he is OK.

JT

I saw a recent photo of Shag and he looks like he has aged quite a bit since I last saw him.

well I'm not one for gossiping because its irritating and rude. BUT whatever happened I'm glad to hear thats he's Ok and taking a well deserved rest. Take care of yourself Josh.

J

I agree -Sophista - soooo happy to see that Josh is well. Take care Josh... I hope 2011 is a wonderful year for you!

I heard through the grapevine that he fell into a glass wall of some sort and got cut up real bad and was alone passed out in blood. A neighbor saw him and saved his life. Crazy shit!

JT

I'm glad he is ok. The world is a better place with him.

TS

Dang! I had heard about an accident, but no details. Very glad to hear he is better and doing OK!

J

I spoke with his son, and he said that he is doing very well, and is glad for all the well wishes.

Thank Goodness for that! It's hard to imagine someone so prolific and dog-gone nice as Josh being taken out of the game so early on. I'm glad he's recovering.
So, was he really found lying in his own blood in a pile of glass, or is that ol' Benster having us on?

wonder if he will do a painting of his own accident,
especially with his new darker angle on his art.

Jeff(btd)

I think he tried to cut his ear off.

He just used a plate glass door to do it. Artists! :roll:

M

Very glad to hear he's feeling in better.

In fact I just heard he'll be at Disney World on Monday signing prints of his 40th Anniversary Disney World map (including the Polynesian Resort)

More info here:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/introducing-the-art-of-shag-to-walt-disney-world-and-disney-cruise-line/

Pages: 1 15 replies