Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Poolside Luau/Premiere of East Indies Room!

Pages: 1 2 63 replies

Thank you, Pup for a fine evening of cocktails, chow and entertainment. You've done a great job on the Spectacular East Indies Room. And that lava rock waterfall, just fantastic.

Lady Velour now has cock envy after being in your kitchen!

J.&L.V.

Traderpup, thanks for a great party and the chance to see your exquisite new East Indies Room. Here's the first pics, including the massive cock collection:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32806a4a47f

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask:

Everyone seemed to REALLY have a great time at the party, but....who were the three ladies all decked out in their best aloha dresses just sitting quietly with long faces inside the house by themselves....watching back to back episodes of Cosby!?!?

L

On 2003-08-25 15:39, MTKahuna wrote:
I hope that I didn't talk anyone into a coma!!!

Me too! That's what happens to me too! I always tell Cory to make me drink water and tell me to shut up! I think he forgets?

Well, TP, to say what everyone felt, THANKS! Your place was beautiful, drinks were perfect and potent. Although I don't do gin, the garnish on those Typhoons was so creative! Speaking of creative, where were all the drink garnishes? I know I already busted balls, but Monkeyman (I expected big things from you) and all you carvers could have scrounged up something? Sorry Atomic, you can't take credit for God's work on that garnish! Oh, well, I won! Thanks so much for the prize, TP. I don't have any bowls and don't buy new mugs (I've gotten some as gifts and do buy some repros but there are just too many out there!) so it will hold a special place in my collection with many memories.

It was the perfect ending to the best day. First the Tiki Fest, then we went to the LB Aquarium so my son could pet some sharks and I could have a beer, then off to one of my favorite restaurants, Cafe Rus' (a small Russian cafe) for Borsch and stuffed cabbage yummmmmmmmmmmmm! TP, you're so close you should try it some time. Home to change, prepare my garnish and off to a great party! I finally got to meet some new TCers-such a group!
Thanks again, Laney

Laney,

Sorry I dissappointed on the contest participation. Hopefully I can make up for it when all of my current projects are done.

I have been carving every night, editing 2 videos, completing a new piece of furniture, learning how to make drapes, and drawing up plans for my Halloween shindig.

I will hone my Jedi skills for the next party contest.

Laney:
I can talk shark story forever. Yeah... What happened to all the other garnishes?

Vintage girl: Thanks again for remembering to take pictures. Atomic, I owe you a hat.

Floratina: I have a vauge recollection of brick size cell phones, hand cranked copiers, & Pee Wee Herman's robot???

SCD: I think that the 3 women were tikipugs familia. Good Cosby episodes? Damn!! and I forgot to set my VCR.

TPup, Thanks again for opening your home to us. Your casa is truely amazing.

It's always nice to see & meet the SoCal Hoitis Toitis.

:tiki:

Vintage Girl luxuriates next to the waterfall:

Zoom in on that treasure chest, very clever:

The lovely scene that awaited us at nightfall:

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-08-26 13:13 ]

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-08-26 13:14 ]

"Luxuriates"/ Tina that's so Bobby Trendy!

here's a couple photos of the contests forwarded by Iuka Grogg:

garnish winners MTKahuna, Laney, Vintage girl, Atomic Cocktail

A couple award winning garnishes by Laney, MTKahuna

Wierduncletiki accepting his MaiTaiku award

Still no photos of the Spectacular East Indies Room itself?

S

Mahalo, Pup for a great time on Saturday.

Your East Indies Room is awe inspiring and your home is to die for!

We really enjoyed your fabulous party and pad.

Your hospitality and generosity is greatly appreciated.

Wow,
That shot of Vintage Girl in the pool; it could be a liquor ad, right out of a 1950's magazine. That's a great modern retro shot.

M

Thanks Trader Pup for your spectacular hosting of a spectacular party to show off your spectacular new tiki room! We had a truly spectacular time! :) I like that "Spectacular" is part of the room's name...and, of course, it lives up to it's name. Spectacular!!!

ModMana :drink:

Part of the fun for the evening included a "write a Mai-Taiku" contest..... and I thought I'd share the entries with you. Now, keep in mind, most of these were written under the deep influence of mai-tais & other exotic libations.....

Sugarcaddydaddy:

Tiki party fun
Rum flows like blood in my veins
I'm drunk, get naked

Vintagegirl:

Swim by lantern light
Puu puus, muu muus, mai tai drinks
Terry's paradise

King Kukulele:

Roses are red and
violets are blue but the
East Indies Room ain't

Mrs. Sugarcaddydaddy:

Palm trees sway in wind
Tiki carvers wait for death
Then Tiki is made

Miss Sooki Sooki:

Colorful mai-tais
Fills my summer night senses
With exotic dreams

Shelley (Alnshely):

Torch lights shine blue green
Your sweat fills my eyes and mouth
This should never end

Ski:

Mai tai is my way
your tai doesn't match your shirt
You can't sing "My Way"

Prince Uli Uli:

Sunrise on Maui
Awakens the native girl
Breathing life and love

Wierduncletiki:

Booze splashed on crushed ice
Bouquet of almond tickles
Rum soaked ecstasy!

:tiki:

Traderpup wrote:
Part of the fun for the evening included a "write a Mai-Taiku" contest.....

Just in case some people need a little more info, the definition of a "Hai ku" is:

Haiku is a Japanese structure poem format. It consists of three lines with five, then seven, then five syllables. Generally, they are meant to be expressions of sensation (usually of nature). That is, something you saw, or smell. Like little poetry photographs.

Of course, the contest for TraderPup's party was for a "Mai-Taiku"...just a fun twist in the name but with the same requirements for the poem.

Oh, yes.... I forgot to explain it all... and the inspiration behind it.... check out this thread for more about the mai-taiku!

Mai-Taiku Origins

Thanks SCD

T

Everyone seemed to REALLY have a great time at the party, but....who were the three ladies all decked out in their best aloha dresses just sitting quietly with long faces inside the house by themselves....watching back to back episodes of Cosby!?!?

The silence is killing me, so I have to come clean. The three lovely ladies came with me. That would be MomPug, AuntyPug, & CousinPug. Clevelanders just don't know how to party Hoity Toity style. Just when you think your old enough that your mom wouldn't embarrass you anymore....

Pages: 1 2 63 replies