Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tiki papasan cushion source?

Pages: 1 2 replies

GK

Aloha all,

I was considering buying a couple of papasan chairs but wanted something other than the ugly cushions most places seem to offer -- and something appropriately tiki too. The closest thing I could find was a discontinued pattern called "Henna Red" for World Market, but could only find a couple of the stool cushions -- the big ones are sold out and discontinued. (If anyone here has a pair of those cushions for sale, PM me!)

So, any suggestions for something that looks appropriately tiki -- a tapa pattern or the like? I tried online and have found practically nothing "tribal" other than faux zebra and ocelot, and that's not what I want. Custom is an option, if I can find the fabric, but I really expected it would be easier to find a near-tiki cushion for these chairs!

Thanks,
GK

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Jan 3, 2011 9:21 AM

We got ours at World Market. They had a lot of different styles.

Unfortunately, since they discontinued the "Henna Red" pattern, which was really a riff on tapa, the covers World Market has now are either dorm-room flower-mod patterns, microfiber in solid colors, or corduroy. You'd think geometric tribal/tropical (other than some neon-bright florals) patterns would be all over the place for these things!

GK

Pages: 1 2 replies