Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Dropping by to wish everyone a happy New Year

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hello Tiki Central,

I have not dropped by in a long while and thought I would to say Happy New Year to all my Tiki Central freinds from Sunny West Africa.

I have been asked to help put together a beach bar here. It will be "Afro-tiki" but I want to be sure that a few pure Tiki vibes make it into the fellas place. There are great local carvers here and I hope to provide them a few good pictures to copy of our old tikis at Hale Tiki.

If anyone has pictures of my old place please post them here so I can show folks what it once looked like. Most all of my pictures and tiki stuff I gave away after closing. Just wanted to close that aweful and great chapter in my life. You learn more from failure in life than success I guess.

I regret that Hale Tiki did not work, but I just was the wrong guy in the wrong town. But the bar was amazing, how ever it may have ended up.

I am not interested in owning another bar ever again, but I will help this guy build a cool looking place with some classic tiki flavor if they do open it.

I will post a few pictures if it happens.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great year collecting and enjoying the tiki lifestyle. I still wear my vintage Aloha shirts here and it always makes me think of sipping a real Mai Tai in Hale Tiki. Too bad in real life there are not do-overs huh?

Happy New Year,

Brad

S

Great to hear from you Brad!

These should help you a bit- http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Hale-Tiki

OakTiki and I will never forget the kindness you showed us that night, and the incredible tour you gave us, (we couldn't fire off the snapshots fast enough!)

Rest assured, the aloha spirit of the Hale-Tiki and all the incredible work so many put into it lives on in our hearts, our memories, and yes, as you well know, even some of our home bars and lounges.

So glad to hear you're still passing it along in your travels.

"You're getting more interesting by the drink!" -Pepe le Tiki

[ Edited by: Sabina 2011-01-11 06:29 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies