Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Dynotones Birthday Bash at Hulaville 1/8/11

Pages: 1 16 replies

The Dynotones Rob, Dano, and honorary band member Elvis, are having a birthday bash at Hulaville Island Cafe in San Clemente this Saturday (1/8/10) starting at 8:30 p.m. Come party and have a piece of birthday cake! Dynotones Mugs will be available for sale!
2720 Camino Capistrano - San Clemente
949 369 1905

H

TK

There's a group of us going to this show tomorrow night. SO happy to see some tiki nightlife in our own town. We've been driving north for a year! :wink:

Hulaville will never be the same after we get through with it!

Atomic Tiki punk and I will see you all there.

Awesome!!!! Aside from the couple of Dynotones bandmembers' b-days (including Dano), we'll also be celebrating Dave's (Dave's Not Home) b-day tonight. It's a party!

I was really looking forward/planning on being at this show.
But something in LA came up.

I'll try to swing by for a little bit.
But can't promise I will be there.
:(

Jeff(btd)

H

CAN'T WAIT!! Cake AND the Dynotone's ??!! (you had me at cake)
This should be fun!! See you guys tonight :)

Beefcake?

:wink:

Jeff(btd)

TK

TOTAL beefcake. ; )

Some additional info....

There's a band from Hawaii in town (old school Smokin' Menehunes style group called the 9th Isle Serenaders - they look great!) that's playing an earlier show at Hulaville tonight. They stop at about 7:45pm or 8:00. That show has a cover and is sold out. Jean at Hulaville said they're going to quickly reset before the Dynotones show, and will be ready for all of us by about 8:15pm. They'll keep the kitchen open until about 10:30pm (we hear the pork pizza is awesome). Dynotones start at 8:30pm.

See ya'all tonight!

H

Beefcake is good too :wink:

SF

I don't know about no beefcake but I've been known to eat some cake in my time...I'll be getting medieval on that birthday cake!

A Rockin' good Birthday time was had by all! The DynoTones were smokin' hot, the food was tasty, and Doug got all Medieval on that pink strawberry birthday cake.

Who brought the cat-o-nine tails?

Oh my!
What did I miss?
:o

Jeff btd

Aloha!
Mahalo to everyone who came to Hulaville for the Dynatones Birthday Bash last Saturday! It was nice to meet you all. Here are some photos frm that night...

Cool videos, Hulaville! But you left out one of my favorites that you posted on Facebook...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfg8UZuaFqo

We had a great time at the show. The Dynotones are one of our true favorites, and they didn't disappoint. Also, we'd never been to Hulaville before, and it was a great little place. Warm, attentive service and FANTASTIC food. We've already been back for take-out since.

I don't know anything about a cat-o-nine-tails, but can only imagine that someone must have brought that for the birthday spanking machine. :wink:

When are we doing it again?

My brain is finally thinking straight from all the goodness that was that night...

I agree with Kitty on all accounts; the Dynotones didn’t disappoint and I can’t say enough about Hulaville. The food is always awesome and that night they kept the kitchen open later to accommodate the crowd (nice!). The service was great too. They even made sure to have extra staff on hand.

With Hulaville having great food and service and bands like the Dynotones one night and then hosting ukulele jams the next, what’s not to like about the place?

So when’s the next Hulaville meetup?

Pages: 1 16 replies