Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ernie Menehune

Pages: 1 11 replies

Aloha Everyone & Greetings from Tucson! :

I just discovered "Tiki Central" when I was researching Ernie Menehune and his recordings.

Before all the ugliness that happened this past weekend here in Tucson, I became the new

owner of the entire recorded works of Mr. Menehune on Wed., Jan. 5th of this year.

So that this mans recordings does not fade into the realm of obscurity, I am currently

restoring and transferring all of the masters to digital for future re-release. I have

been an ardent fan of Ernie since my parents borrowed an LP from our neighbors in 1968

('Round The Town With Ernie Menehune), and I am on the hunt for ANY info regarding his past

performances and recordings. If anyone could help me out on this project of mine, it

would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Now that I've found a forum & possibly an audience for

Ernie's Recordings, I'll be letting everyone know the progress and subsequent date for

re-release of his 1st. LP on CD here at Tiki Central. To Tiki Central, Thanks Very Much

for your website & letting others know that Ernie's music & recordings will (hopefully)

see the light of Digital! Thanks Again!!!

Sincerely,

Frank Luna

kon tiki
Velvet Glass

Have fun with the project!

Wow, that's exciting!

Maybe Jeff Central or Digitiki could also help... you can send them a Personal Message

Definetly keep us posted. Fellow Tucsonian and love Ernie's stuff. Need some good news.

Episode 27 of Digitiki's Podcast was an interview withe Ernie Menehune. Email [email protected] and maybe he can help.

Good Luck

Congratulations Frank. I take it Ernie's keyboard player/guitarist did not want to distribute his material anymore. I inquired about Ernie's stuff a couple years ago and was told the albums were already on CD even though I never saw one even at his Luau Party in 2009.

I have interviews, pictures, etc that were conducted by me (Jeff Chenault) and Mark Riddle (Marty Lush) as well. I would be glad to help out in any way. PM me off list if need be.

I'd also be interested in what you have recording wise. Albums, reels, cassettes, videos etc. Any unreleased stuff? Did you know Larry Rivera is Ernie's little brother?

Anyway, good luck with your new adventure. Ernie is a great guy and it will be wonderful to finally see his recordings made available again.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

D

The Quiet Village Gift Shop and DigiTiki Productions (Quiet Village Podcast) are now the official retailer for Ernie Menehune CD reissues by Luna Archival Recordings. Luna Archival is THE authorized owner of the Ernie Menehune master tapes. These CD's have been produced directly from the masters, so sound quality is first rate. Currently available "My Hula Maid", "Waikiki Jackpot", and "My Way". Other Ernie CD's reissued by Luna have already sold out quickly. So get these while they last, only at https://digitiki.com Menehune 2023 CDs together

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2023-07-09 11:45:13 ]

Nice!

Thanks for stepping into the breach, Digitiki! I own all three of those CDs and the audio quality is very good. Waikiki Jackpot is my favorite, but all three are worthwhile.

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Aug 12, 2023 2:28 PM

Yes, Digitiki sent me Waikiki Jackpot a couple of weeks ago, and I really enjoy it, too. Mahalo

I will be doing a seminar about Ernie Menehune at this 2024 Tiki Caleinte in May at the Caliente Tropics in Palm Springs. I hope to also be releasing a very special Ernie....thingy.

Pages: 1 11 replies