Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Ohana Luau at the Lake 2011 Room Crawl - Calling all hosts!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha!

It will be my great pleasure to be organizing the room crawl for Ohana 2011.

We are planning to remain with last year's successful format (thanks, Hep!) with each block of rooms grouped by building to help everyone save a few trips up and down the hill and make it even easier to find all the rooms!

But there is no room crawl without our generous hosts! If you are planning to host a room or even considering hosting a room please contact me by sending me a private message on the forum here.

Please include:

Your name and anything else you want to tell me about your room at this point.

Your email address.

A cell phone number where you can be reached while in Lake George.

And let me know if you have already booked a room and if so, which room rate/type you selected.

We will post updates here and also keep hosts informed on the room crawl plans via email.

Mahalo and see you at the Lake!

-Rev

We're excited to already have returning veteran room crawl hosts including the Kokorus, the Red Palms, and the Velveteen Lounge Kitsch-en.

Plus some interest from rookie hosts.

Don't be shy! Got a cool idea for a theme? Run with it. You'll have a blast.

-Rev

Some of you are saying "But what can I do to host a room?"

Well..... I would say anything you want, but New York does have some of those Law things that keep the politicians so busy so I'll just say Almost anything you want.

Here are just a couple of highlights from previous years:

Sorry they're kinda small, click below to see the whole gallery:

http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/photogalleries/Ohana/index.php

Now we have a half dozen room hosts and they have some really cool theme ideas.... but you will need to wait and see them in June, for now those themes are a secret!

We've got veteran hosts and rookie hosts and the more the merrier. Hosting could be the most fun you'll ever have in a hotel room!

-Rev

B

And don't be intimidated by the decor and over the top wackiness from some of our veteran hosts.

My crawl room was the completely UNdecorated "Shut up, Drink it, and Get Out" room. (unless you count dirty laundry as decor?) and it was still quite popular. :wink:

But for real, you can go as understated, or as over the top as you want, and I guarantee you, its the fastest way to make 300 new friends you'll ever find, plus a heck of a lot of fun!

Sadly one of our hosts has had to drop out due to a change in circumstances but this just means that someone else needs to step up! Who wants to have massive fun?

As you all know the Tiki Resort is sold out so if you are hosting a room please let me know which building you are staying in if you have not done so already.

And if you are thinking of hosting a room drop me a line! You won't regret it.

Pages: 1 6 replies