Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

My old Tiki room furnishings are up for sale

Pages: 1 6 replies

Fine Furnishings from the former Spectacular East Indies Room

The remnants from my Tiki room finally need to find a new home.

Let's start with:

Heywood Wakefield Ashcraft living room set - arm chair, sofa, corner table.

A little quick history about HW Ashcraft furniture.... During WWII, Japan heavily bombed the port city where Heywood Wakefield obtained their rattan supply. HW relied on rattan for furniture manufacture during the war, as most furniture hardwood was being used to produce gun stocks. They came up with an American rattan substitute, a New England Ash wood that bends very much like rattan, and bound the joints with varnished twisted paper. The furniture was a huge success.
A little quick history about HW Ashcraft furniture.... During WWII, Japan heavily bombed the port city where Heywood Wakefield obtained their rattan supply. HW relied on rattan for furniture manufacture during the war, as most furniture hardwood was being used to produce gun stocks. They came up with an American rattan substitute, a New England Ash wood that bends very much like rattan, and bound the joints with varnished twisted paper. The furniture was a huge success.

This set is in very good condition. Newer upholstery fabric with original spring cushions. A little bit dusty from time in the garage. Asking $850 for the set, a bargain for this!

Next up, a very large bamboo and tapa lamp. Originally acquired from from Oceanic Arts.

This very large lamp 36" across, 14" tall and is in very good condition... some of the vintage tapa is lifting, but can easily be pasted back down. Central light and accent lights behind tapa. Lamp is currently hard wired, would need minor rewiring to add a plug if desired. Asking $200

Another lamp from Oceanic Arts with vintage tapa panels

This one is in excellent condition, It is about 27" across, 24" tall. $75

Set of three rattan bar stools

These stools are in excellent condition with brown vinyl upholstery. $75 for the set.

Impressively large dark blue glass float! This is the most authentic looking float you can get without scoring a true vintage one! VERY heavy and net is made from vintage used fishing rope.

It is about 16" diameter. If you look closely, that is a quarter sitting in the netting near the center.

The pontil is orange glass with an interesting tree or multiple arrow marking. Asking $150 for this beauty!

If you have interest in any of these items, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!
Trader Pup (Terry)

[ Edited by: Traderpup 2011-01-16 13:33 ]

I forgot about this beauty!

Large vintage giant clam shell! The real deal!

In excellent condition! 24" wide x 15" deep. Has small hole drilled in base from fountain or wash basin use in its former life. Available at a steal for $200

[ Edited by: Traderpup 2011-01-16 13:34 ]

Measurements are up for most of the items. Still waiting on sofa set measurements.

Thanks!

Here's what remains of the Spectacular East Indies Room

Most of this... bamboo, thatch, netting, tapa scraps..... is sitting curbside right now for anybody that wants it! First come first serve!

3407 Lees Avenue
Long Beach CA 90808

I don't live there any more so I won't know when it is all gone.
Have at it!

T

Too sad.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2011-01-18 16:57 ]

I feel ya, brother!

Hi Traderpup, sorry to hear you have to take down your room.
Are the two items below still available?
Please PM me if you have time.
Thanks very much,
John (Mr. Pupu Pants)

Another lamp from Oceanic Arts with vintage tapa panels

This one is in excellent condition, It is about 27" across, 24" tall. $75

Set of three rattan bar stools

These stools are in excellent condition with brown vinyl upholstery. $75 for the set.

Pages: 1 6 replies