Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tiki Tattoo Parlor in Philly

Pages: 1 1 replies

There is a tiki oriented tattoo parlor in Philly and I was there last nite. Its called NoKaoiTikiTattoo and it is located at 610 South Street, (267) 321-0357. There is a large hula girl painted on the outside of the building and there is a 5 foot wooden Ku tiki in the window. Inside the walls are covered with bamboo and there is a kind of generic tiki near the reception desk. In the rear of the shop there is a short fat Ku about 2 feet tall, up on a shelf. In the rear courtyard there is a 2 1/2 foot tall grey cement Ku, which is a garden fountain but its not hooked up. Very Cool! The woman working there told me the owner got all the stuff in Hawaii, although the Ku fountain came from a yard sale.(!!)They have a website but it doesn't convey the true tikiness of the place. Here is the website: http://www.nokaoitikitattoo.com.
Also, there is an "Oriental spa gentlemen's relaxation spa" in Philly called Hula Hand. This is disturbing on every level.

Darn, wish this were posted earlier!

My girly-girl is in Philly right now, but her return trip is tomorrow. Should've asked her to get pics!

Ah fun... I also asked her to stop at Tin Man Alley to pick up some Munktiki mugs, but, her "friends" had "plans" before she "met me"... long story, lame ending.

Pages: 1 1 replies