Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How often is Ooga Mooga updated?

Pages: 1 28 replies

How often do new mug templates get added to Ooga Mooga? I emailed a few questions, comments, and template requests over the past few months, but have never gotten a response. Is anyone manning the ship?

The ship is being "manned", but she is extremely busy. Restoring the sites after the crash, etc. New templetes are added as time allows, never fear.

Here's a post JenTiki made on the thread How to Get New Mug Templates on Ooga-Mooga?

Add your mug as "other mug" (or whatever other generic template comes close) and include as much information about it as possible in the description. When one of Ooga-Mooga's moderators get around to adding new templates (usually not more than a few days), they will create a template for the recently added mugs that still need them. It helps if you upload pictures right away so they can look up the mug on TC, include accurate descriptions in the new template, etc. They will automatically move your mug to the new template.

M

I have a feeling it was Tiki Kate helped out with the new mug templates on Ooga-Mooga. I don't think anyone has updated it in a while. It's on cruise control. I nominate BeachBumz to help out Humuhumu.

Humu gave me a training course today and we made some new templates. More to come!

That's great news!

:tiki: CONGRATS! You're a good man, Tom!! MAHALO'z for stepping up to da task!!! :tiki:

Cool..!
Good News.

Shoots Tom, more than willing to help with OM, let me know if you need some more help with it all.. I learn fast,usually.. :wink:

Aloha

Thanks, everyone. I've pushed to do some more templates and will keep cranking them out as I have time and energy.

Beachbumz, I think Humu wants to keep it at just one person doing administration for now, but the offer is appreciated. I love those new Tongos by the way! Send me the dimensions and volume info (and estimated number run for different versions if you have one) and I'll make sure to do a thorough template for them.

Feel free to message or e-mail me with questions and concerns. There's a huge backlog of work to be done to catch things up, but I'm giving it my best.

T

Awesome Tom!! Thanks for your efforts

Well, I've been at this for a couple of months now and have added about 300 new templates. That's a decent dent, but there's still a lot more to do and a lot more rolling in with Oasis coming up this weekend. Thanks for everyone's encouragement! Please add new/uncategorized mugs to the "Other Mug" category and I will try to get new templates made as soon as possible. If you can find out how many in the run, size and volume, or other info, that's also welcome and I will try to include all the details. Mahalo!

Tom you're doing a fantasist job...thank you!!!

Huge Shout Out to Trader Tom for the work on OM.

Wow, I can't believe I've been at this for a year now!

I've added just over a thousand new templates in that time, but there's a lot more to do.

Unfortunately, I won't be at Oasis this year, so I'm counting on you guys to let me know all the details on new stuff that's rolling in (including run numbers, glaze variations, sale prices, etc...)

I'll try to keep things updated. Thanks for the help!

Tom from what I'm seeing your going to be a busy man, looks like a lot of great new mug designs are happening there.. Wish I was there damn it!!!! :(
BTW, Great job on all the templates you've made, so cool to know Who, What, Where and How much at times.. Big Mahalo's Brada!

AlohA

I noticed today that I've now made over 2,000 mug templates for Ooga Mooga!

There is still tons to do, but I keep chipping away at it each week as I have time.

Thanks to everyone for contributing pictures and information on your collections!

T

Thank-you Tom for making all the templates and doing all the work!!!! It is much appreciated and what a fun site it has become.

Mahalo

Thanks, Tom! It's greatly appreciated.

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2013-10-28 16:02 ]

A Word on Ooga Mooga !! This is our old pal Trader Tom Morgan a long time Tiki Centralite. When our Dear friend Tiki Kate passed away Tom took over Editing and Creating Templates for Ooga Mooga.com If your not familiar with what Ooga Mooga is, it's a data base for Tiki Mug Collectors. Ooga Mooga was created by Humuhumu Trott it allows mug collectors to store information about their collections, trade and sell mugs, and share their collections with others. New mugs are being added to Ooga-Mooga continually.
Humu of course kicked it all off, Kate poured years of love and time into the site as well. Then came Trader Tom, Tom holds a Ph.D in American Literature making research and writing as a whole a snap for Tom, besides the fact that he is also a grade A mug collector himself and has the ability to move very quickly and accurately through the facts.
When Tom picked up making templates in 2010 the template count was 4,259, and today 4/6/16 there is 8,074 meaning to date Tom has made 3,815 templates.
I want to say Thank You to Humuhumu Trott for Ooga Mooga and for entrusting Trader Tom Morgan to write templates for Ooga Mooga it seems to be a thankless job but an important one. Tom keeps us up to date daily with all the new tiki mugs and bowls that have been released and these days it seems that EVERYDAY there are new ones. Imagine if no one was making new templates, can you? It's very time consuming a part time job in fact. So Thank You Tom to the bottom of my tiki mug! Cheers!
I Urge all Tikiphiles and Mug Collectors to SAY THANKS

S

Well said Kelly. It was just last night i messaged Tom and asked him to add/update a template and the only reason i think it wasn't done right away was because he had asked me (within a couple of hours) to provide him with a little bit more information before he went ahead with it.

So yes, a big thank you to Humuhumu for creating such a fantastic site (I'm looking forward to the revamped version), and a big thank you to Trader Tom for taking over the reins after the passing of Tiki Kate and for the continuous work keeping on top of, not just all of the new mugs that are being released these days, but also adding templates to those that have been around for a while but never had one.

Thank you Tom for taking up the gauntlet! I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into (and has gone into) making and keeping up Ooga-Mooga. My collection would probably not be near as fun if it wasn't for OM and TC :)

Thank you, Tom! You do outstanding work.

TT

Thanks, everyone! Working on Ooga Mooga is a lot of fun. I compare it to tending a garden or working on a big puzzle. I'm always pleasantly surprised by new vintage mugs that pop up and the creativity of current artists!

Tom- thanks for all the hard work you do.

I added 827 photos this week :)

In 2010 the template count was 4,259, and today, 07/14/2017, there are 9,150 templates.

We're creeping up on 60,000 mugs in Ooga-Mooga and there are 1,244 collections.

That's a lot of mugs!

More each and every year.

Bunch of new stuff coming out this summer, too.

Check out the latest at Ooga-Mooga and let us see those beautiful mug shots!

S

i did an "add mug" last week on a vintage one i found and they added it after about a day - keep up the awesome work! it's such a great source

TT

Just wanted to give an update for those curious to know how much Ooga-Mooga has grown over the years.

When I took over doing mug templates in June 2011, we had a little over 400 users and about $880,000 or so in mugs according to the stats page as memory serves.

Here is the current stats page from today:

Basically, things have quadrupled with over 1,600 users and $3,862,319.50 in estimated values.

It'll be interesting to see what happens as we enter the second coming of the Roaring Twenties...

Thank you very much Tom!!! Truly, all your work is enjoyed by thousands of people....and, at least for me, I rely on it constantly. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!! Thank you again!!

Pages: 1 28 replies