Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Cub Scout Pinewood Derby goes tiki!

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

Just wrapped my kiddo's Pinewood Derby Car. Going for speed and style this Saturday!

That is SO excellent!!!

TikiReno,

Good luck this weekend and next time you're in Los Angeles bring it with you. :)

Knotty Pine Derby

T

Awesome idea. Looks great. I have the pleasure of helping my grandson with his car for the past three years. Hope I can talk him into a Moai racer. Let us know how you do.

T

You should definitely get points for style. :wink:

That looks awesome! I wish I had done that. We were in the Poconos a few years back and we entered some cars into a potato race. My kids liked the cars, my son especially but the wheels fell off of his tiki potato in the first heat.

We didn't last too long!

J

TikiReno, you should post that car in the "Which car is the most tikish?" thread in the General Forum.

It will be the only relevant entry in that whole ridiculous thread. :D

Also dude, aren't the kids supposed to make their own cars (with a LITTLE help from Dad) ?

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-01-22 00:00 ]

My kid put the wheels on! Actually it started out as the kids doing it but after two seconds of handling a disgusting potato my Irish kids couldn't handle it. Dad was left with the task. I felt a little guilty until spray painted potatoes with air foil kits and special weights showed up to compete. My spuds were amateurs

or maybe you were talking to tikireno

B

I can see the prize at the finish is the deep fryer??
COOL Tikicar.

Cool Tiki's

T

TikiReno,

My grandson's derby is this coming Sunday. We did a spin off of your racer but then my grandson saw one of my mugs from Andy's Place. I did most of the sculpturing on the cars. He did all the painting, polishing the axles and mounting the tires. We had a great time. Thanks for the great idea.

T

Just finished the pinewood derby racers. My grandson was very happy to finish in first place in his weebelos division. He also won an award for most creative. They have a division for outlaws which a father or grandfather can enter. I entered the Tiki Racer that my grandson and I first built. It took a third in that division.

Very Cool and Congratulations!

Pages: 1 13 replies