Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Show Your Salt and Pepper Shaker Collections

Pages: 1 2 72 replies

L

I looked through the Finds threads and found no threads devoted JUST to S&Ps. I recently have started picking up more S&Ps because I am running out of display space for mugs. I know that some are on Ooga Mooga but not all.

Maybe we can start posting S&Ps here in the same manner that we post the CoCo Joes/Witco/Rattan, etc...

I will start with some of mine :)

Tiki Bob's (with lei)

Kahiki

Treasure Craft Hawaii Tikis

Treasure Craft Hawaii Goldfish

Treasure Craft Hawaii Whales

Treasure Craft Hawaii Tourists

Hawaii Kai

Zombie Village

PMP

Japan Angry Kus

Otagiri

Otagiri

Bali Hai (not Tiki Farm repos)

Trader Vics (I always think of this a mud colored)

Brown Lined (without jewel eyes)

That seems like a good start for now!

I wish there was a S&P collecting book just for Hawaii/Tiki designs since I have been talking around and lots of people are really into collecting them.

[ Edited by: leleliz 2011-01-23 17:33 ]

Great idea for a thread Liz!! I really like the S&P shakers too, especially the ones that are mini versions of mugs.
Aloha,
:tiki:

Here are most of mine... took me a long time to find the Treasure Craft tikis, and I now have two sets, plus the Treasure Craft coconuts... I think the only unusual ones I have are the short white ones, they sorta look space-age.

Great idea for a thread Liz !! Here are mine. I didn't have the heart to take them all down off the shelves. Sorry that they are mixed in with other junk.

Leleliz,

Nice collection of S & P's. I think these are my favorite ceramics to collect. Uncle Trav, love the display.

Here is my little army S & P's that hang out in the kitchen window box, including my recent addition of Grog Crap.

DC

A

Nice thread idea - seems like something TC would've gotten around to, but I don't remember a thread like this either.

On 2011-01-25 08:01, uncle trav wrote:

Hey uncle trav, just curious about your salt shaker on the second shelf in that pic. Does it say "Lanai" on the back, like these?

A couple of us were speculating about whether those were from the Lanai in San Mateo, or if any other places used the same ones, etc.

-Randy

L

I keep alot of my S&Ps in mirrored shadow boxes as well so I like these displays.

Here are a few more that I snapped (may be doubles of pics posted already)

Grog's Tiki Bobs

Grog's Moais

Tourist wood

Tourist Hawaiian

Aloha Pineapples

Jeweled Eyed lined - blue jewels

Hawaii Kai Version 2 (need the Salt as i only have the Pepper) and a Treasure Craft (I believe)

Treasure Craft Skull and Barrel (not totally tiki but still same vibe)

On 2011-01-25 12:33, aquarj wrote:
Nice thread idea - seems like something TC would've gotten around to, but I don't remember a thread like this either.
Hey uncle trav, just curious about your salt shaker on the second shelf in that pic. Does it say "Lanai" on the back, like these ?

A couple of us were speculating about whether those were from the Lanai in San Mateo, or if any other places used the same ones, etc.

-Randy

Hi Randy. Mine is from Pub Tiki in PA. I thougt they were the only one that used that style. Learn something new all the time. Thanks.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.