Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Valentines Cocktail

Pages: 1 4 replies

Some popular Valentines cocktail recipes:

Vanilla Strawberry
Flirtini
Rossini

Please share your favourite Valentines cocktail recipes!

[ Edited by: mkspriing 2011-06-15 08:30 ]

G

Tiki Boyd's (closed) had one called the Casa Bonita. It is named after Denver's famed pink children's restaurant. It was big and pink and good. Recipe is on Boyd Rice's webpage.

[ Edited by: gabbahey 2011-01-25 08:00 ]

MM

Here's a tasty cocktail I whipped up for V-Day last year:

My Funny Valentine

1 1/2 oz. Tanqueray gin
3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/4 oz. honey syrup (1:1 water and clover honey)
1/4 oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1/4 oz. Crème Yvette
1 oz. brut champagne

Shake everything except champagne with ice. Strain into chilled coupe and top with champagne. Garnish with fresh berries in season (I drop a couple of raspberries and/or blackberries in the glass to complement the flavors of the Yvette).

On 2011-01-25 12:23, Mr. Moto wrote:
Here's a tasty cocktail I whipped up for V-Day last year:

My Funny Valentine

1 1/2 oz. Tanqueray gin
3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/4 oz. honey syrup (1:1 water and clover honey)
1/4 oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1/4 oz. Crème Yvette
1 oz. brut champagne

Shake everything except champagne with ice. Strain into chilled coupe and top with champagne. Garnish with fresh berries in season (I drop a couple of raspberries and/or blackberries in the glass to complement the flavors of the Yvette).

Sounds good, but also sounds a bit sweet. Or does the dryness of the brut offset the sweetness of eveything else?

MM

It's not as sweet as it looks on the page. The honey, elderflower, and Yvette are present in small amounts that together add up to balance the amount of sour (lemon). The dry champagne, the high proof of the Tanqueray, and the slight sourness of the berries help to offset the sweet as well. It's still a pleasantly sweet cocktail, to be sure--only fitting for Valentine's Day!--just not tooth-achingly so.

But I'd definitely be interested to know what you think if you try it!

[ Edited by: Mr. Moto 2011-01-26 05:13 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies