Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Students want your old/broken/too-much stuff!

Pages: 1 9 replies

W

Hey everyone!
For those of you who don't know me, I'm a student at UC Berkeley. I live in the cooperative housing, a small one by the name of Ridge. We're 39 awesome young folks who are generally nerdy, but like to party every once in a while.

In support of our occasional blowing-off-school-stress, I suggested the idea of a tiki bar party. Everyone thought it was cool, but was concerned about the cost of decorations, putting it together, etc. We don't have that much money, and even less to spend on partying.

So! I was wondering if any one had things they'd be willing to donate. Maybe duplicates, or slightly broken-but-still-usable things. We can put stuff back together! And it will have a good home, and be incorporated into the decor of the home, I promise.

So, if you need to do some almost-spring cleaning and are in the Bay Area (Berkeley, SF, Oakland preferable), please give me a message. We'd also be interested in spare construction supplies, like bamboo and such!

J

Hi Weitz,

My mother asked me to move some of my late father's old boxes of junk out of the garage (of my childhood home).

One box is filled with a bunch of dusty old Tiki mugs (probably from the early 1960's). I'm not really into mugs so you can have them if you want.

The thing is you have to come down to LA as they would be a bitch to pack and mail.

W

John-O, that sounds awesome. I'd be willing to pay for shipping of some of them if it was feasible (maybe 30-40 out of my own pocket?), but I don't think any of us are making the drive down soon. If that changes any time soon, I will let you know. I'll go post on our communal blackboard to see if any one is, just in case.

John-O rocks!

J

Weitz, check your Tiki Central PMs.

W
Weitz posted on Fri, Jan 28, 2011 1:30 AM

Woot!
Thanks John-O. I'll see what arrangements I can manage and keep looking elsewhere in the meantime :D

Good luck with your search Weitz. You might have more responses if you move this thread to the 'collecting tiki' or 'marketplace' forums.

W

Thanks! I posted one of these too collecting tiki. Hopefully the word spreads :D

John-O...I'd be glad to take some 1960s tiki mugs off your hands for you if they are in your way! :wink:

J

I knew it...

:D

Pages: 1 9 replies