Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Need Help Finding Tiki!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

I am looking to make a Tiki room in the basement of my new house and use it as my bedroom also.
I have already drawn up plans for the Tiki bar and hoping to start work on it this week.

I wanted to know some good websites to order tiki stuff that looks good such as mugs, statues, pictures, lights and other things so please help me out with this.
I just started looking into these things.

Also if you have a room of your own u want to share with me post the link in a comment on my topic.

Thanks!!!

Hi,

I get a lot of my rattan and bamboo furniture from garbage picking and craigslist. I found that the store Pier 1 has cheap bamboo. For Tiki decor try following store TJ Max and HomeGoods I found some Tiki Mask made in Bali for $7.99. I did the ceiling in the picture below with bamboo from HomeGoods and Peir 1.

Robby

TD

AGAIN! SIGH......

snareplyr10, what part of the world are you in? knowing where you are makes it easier to help you with resources.

Im from North Carolina, USA
and I have drawn up plans for a bar and i found reed fencing im going to cover the front with :)

TD

check your PM'S

Oh , And check out threads like "TIKI on a budget"...great do it yourself ideas there!

W

The Tiki-On-A-Budget thread.

M

As for Vintage Tiki mugs, send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a list of what I am selling (items NOT on ebay). Great Prices (BTW, anyone else can PM me also). Good luck and have fun--we had a blast building the Huli Huli Hut!

Also if you have a room of your own u want to share with me post the link in a comment on my topic.

Thanks!!!

I found alot of building materials (bamboo, etc) on Craigslist. Great place to check.
In fact, I got most of my bamboo for free from an old Chinese restaurant that was being torn down. Had to do alot of scraping and cleaning it up but it turned out great and saved me alot of money.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=28247&forum=20&start=225

Best of luck with yours. Building it is much of the fun!!

J

If money is not object, call up Oceanic Arts. They have some seriously nice stuff.

In addition to the aforementioned stores, check out World Market if there is one nearby. They have some Tiki stuff, but also lots of bamboo and exotic things that can be customized.

Just keep your eyes open. Lots of flotsam and jetsam out there.

Pages: 1 9 replies