Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

My Tiki's outside, covered with snow...

Pages: 1 15 replies

HJ

Metro Chicago on the USA Central Coast has had 18 inches of snow since 2:30 yesterday-Tuesday afternoon and it's still coming down at better than an inch an hour.

A cup of Kona coffee, Cudra Clover's Exotica Hour on the podcast, the Tiki-decorated music room and a guitar...maybe reread some of Greg Shmanske's "Bedtime Stories For Surfers," Bigbrotiki's "Tiki Modern" or James Teitelbaum's "Tiki Road Trip" or some vintage Thor Heyerdhal.

And e-hang out on Tiki Central...because the Jeep, even in 4WD and big tires, does not have a prayer of getting out of the garage.

This too shall pass.

M

Sure sounds good to this fellow stranded Chicagolander!

Stay safe!
MauiHowie

W

Hang in there Midwest Tiki brothers, I feel your pain. I didn't get much snow but the 40 mph winds and the half inch of ice under the snow have made things interesting.

I brought all my tikis in back in November!

Chris

UT

We got blasted on the other side of the lake here in Kalamazoo. The best part about a storm like this is spending hours digging out only to have the city plow bury your driveway again. Loads of fun. My Jeep did make it out today though. Stay warm my friends.

HJ

Sorta got a melt-on-"lite" in metro Chicago on the USA Central Coast.

About 3 1/2 feet of snow now largely compressed down to about 20 inches and plow-piles all around, some big enough to bury a tiki lounge-restaurant.

Stay warm and festive, non-Polynesians!

T

It may not be special to TC'ers in colder climes, but when it snows in Burbank, CA. it's a big deal. Hasn't happened here since 1949!

This is my 20' tall Chinese Windmill Palm on Wednesday morning.

Even though I'm in Canada, we rarely get snow. This is a LOT for us! And I love it :)

On 2011-02-26 20:54, Tobor64 wrote:
It may not be special to TC'ers in colder climes, but when it snows in Burbank, CA. it's a big deal. Hasn't happened here since 1949!

Snow in Burbank??? That's Crazy!! I'm still waiting for snow at my house...

The frozen scream

and a frozen flame

it dropped 6-8 inches in Tacoma wednesday then dropped freezing rain, off and on, all day thursday. Trees and power lines down all over the place.

aloha, tikicoma

W

Dang tikicoma, you can ship that snow to me, I'm jonesing for some sledding!

HJ

Chicago is in the midst of a farking blizzard as this is e-penned. Come get all the snow you can pack into 50 or 60 100-gondola freight trains. Some folks will be happy to help you load it.

.. nowhere to go now, chicago's a lonely town, when you're the only surfer boy around.....(had to finish the song jim started in the title of the thread)

" I may not know karate..... but I do know crazy !!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2012-01-21 05:01 ]

W

On 2012-01-20 18:21, Haole Jim wrote:
Chicago is in the midst of a farking blizzard as this is e-penned. Come get all the snow you can pack into 50 or 60 100-gondola freight trains. Some folks will be happy to help you load it.

Sorry to hear that Jim. Hang in there!

forget about it jim- come on out to chef shangri-la tonight for some good live music and tropical drinks with the rest of us winter refugees.... a little bit of tropics never hurts !!

check the events thread for more details.

" I may not know karate..... but I do know crazy !!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2012-01-21 08:32 ]

Here's a photo I took of my hut a few days ago.

Looking forward to warm summer nights and chillin by the bar.

Dat is awesome!

Pages: 1 15 replies