Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki sale on TV, Feb 12, Oakland, CA

Pages: 1 17 replies

Tiki-files!

Those who know me and my wife know we've got a bit of, well, clutter, in our house. Thanks to the modern miracle of reality tv, we're going to get organized!

CLEAN HOUSE, on the Style Network, is coming to help us sort through and thin the collection. This will culminate in a yard sale on Feb 12. There will be tiki, hawaiiana, and kitsch galore - more than 25 years worth of collecting will be there for the taking! There will also be a performance by MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY! And does it hurt to be on TV? Come and wear your tiki finest!

DETAILS:
KOOKYKITSCH / CLEAN HOUSE yard sale
Saturday, Feb 12 9AM - 1PM
2909 Chapman St, Oakland (just over the Park St. Bridge from Alameda)

More on Clean House
http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/cleanhouse/index.jsp

Some of the items included will be:
Advertising Characters, Airline artifacts, Television Board Games, Big Eyes, Sad Eyes, Vintage Housewares, Advertising T-Shirts, souvenirs, Hello Kitty, Vintage Magazines, Smurfs, Star Wars, TV and Movie memorabilia, Clocks, Siestaware, San Francisco-memoribilia, Vintage Clothing, Uniforms, Plush Dolls, Sock Monkeys, Trolls, Tiki, Hawaiiana, Celebrity Dolls, Novelty Items and much, much more

The more you buy, the better you'll feel. Tell your friends!

For more info email [email protected]

Hope to see you there!
Mel

L

Looking forward to this Mel!

G

Be sure to post the air date when you find out what it is.

W
Weitz posted on Sat, Feb 5, 2011 8:39 PM

Augh! This is the day after our tiki bar party D:
I sent you an email.

[ Edited by: Weitz 2011-02-05 20:40 ]

On 2011-02-05 20:39, Weitz wrote:
Augh! This is the day after our tiki bar party D:
I sent you an email.
[ Edited by: Weitz 2011-02-05 20:40 ]

Nothing like a yard sale with Meshugga Beach Party to take the edge off a hangover. :)

BTW, I didn't see an email?

W
Weitz posted on Sun, Feb 6, 2011 12:02 AM

I emailed [email protected]
That is not your email D:
?
I even got a reply.
Damnit it was the person in charge of the show.
I was asking if I could come and peruse before our party, and they said no, because the television crews were coming tomorrow and they needed everything to be there.

K

If only I wasn't so far away! Good luck with your clutter and sale!

On 2011-02-06 00:02, Weitz wrote:
I emailed [email protected]
That is not your email D:
?
I even got a reply.
Damnit it was the person in charge of the show.
I was asking if I could come and peruse before our party, and they said no, because the television crews were coming tomorrow and they needed everything to be there.

Gotcha - that's my wife's email address. We'd love to have been able to help for your party, but the TV crews are decending this afternoon. I bet your party will be a hit, because tiki is before anything a state of mind (ideally rum induced). Please have a drink in our honor, I know we'll need one!

FYI, the hosts cut some kind of deal with Jessica that if she sells half of her tiki mug collection, they'll buy something nice for our house. Just saying...

L

I am bumping this for Mel and Jess.

Seriously these guys have AWESOME stuff (I know I have stumbled around in it multiple times before) and you would be a fool to miss this sale.

leleliz, we will do our best to be there. We are missing you and our other tiki friends and this looks like it will be as fun as a party. Hugs, Wendy

at least it ain't Hoarders! :)

We went we had fun and here are some photos of the event! Cheers, Wendy and Dan

Dan and I were the very first to arrive.

We could see the tiki table from the gate but no early birds allowed.

Here is the host of the show.

Wendy standing in line. I love being first! But we did stand there for 1.5 hours.

Dan making new friends.

The line went forever.

Seeing friends made it even more fun. leleliz and me (Wendy)

Here's the family.

Here's a small part of the camera crew.

I hope you enjoyed the show! Watch for the kooky kitch episode on the Style Network Clean House.

How about a date for when the show will be on air. Wendy

Thanks to everyone who attended! I hope that some of our tikis and other kitsch has found new loving homes.

The episode is due to air in late spring or summer; as soon as we know I'll post here!

Mel

ANY RECENT NEWS ON THE DATE THIS WILL AIR?

I saw a teaser for this episode yesterday! It will start showing this Wednesday (at 6am and 10pm) and will repeat numerous times in the following days - congrats Mel!

http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/cleanhouse/schedule/index.jsp

Trad'r Bill

[ Edited by: Trad'r Bill 2011-05-23 05:34 ]

Yup, the show will be airing all week. Keep in mind the times on the Clean Hosue website are east coast, so it airs this evening at 7PM PST. A few familiar faces appear at the yard sale...

Pages: 1 17 replies