Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Classic Polynesian restaurants and their signature cocktails

Pages: 1 4 replies

UT

I know many of the classic Polynesian restaurants had a "signature cocktail" for their establishments. Many of these cocktails were closely guarded secrets as we all know but others are well known recipes that have become standards today. I seems to me that many of these signature cocktails often came in a logo mug. I was recently down in my home bar having a beer (man cannot live on rum alone) and was looking at my mug collection. I started to wonder what cocktail went into each mug. I also just obtained a Kona Kai logo mug and had the same question. The Bum has done an awesome job of cataloging and resurrecting many of these drinks but I would like to know which cocktail goes with which mug. My menu collection is on the small side so I thought maybe some of the other members of TC could do a bit of menu archeology and help with a list. As can be seen I have some time on my hands at the moment. I'm not sure how this will work out or if this is even in the right category thread. Just an idea on a cold winter day. Thanks.

A

That seems to me that it would be a nice addition to Ooga-Mooga - listing the name of the signature cocktail with the mug details. - Or wait, maybe they already do that?

"I am Lono!" -- Hale Ka'a Tiki Lounge

[ Edited by: arriano 2011-02-07 09:16 ]

M

If you know the name of the restaurant, you can look up the cocktail menu at Arkiva Tropika.

MN

On 2011-02-08 17:22, MrBaliHai wrote:
If you know the name of the restaurant, you can look up the cocktail menu at Arkiva Tropika.

A Mr. Bali Hai goes in one of these!

The missing one is Kate's. Kisses Kate. Thinkin' of ya babe.

G

I had this same thought a few days ago. I know a derby daiquiri goes in that awesome cocktail glass with the little dude But it'll be a long time before I get to enjoy that combo.

Mr Bali Hai - cool link.

gabbahey

Pages: 1 4 replies