Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente III 2nd Annual Official Room Crawl

Pages: 1 2 3 4 159 replies

As a very happy crawler, Just wanted to say thank you very much to all the hosts who opened up their rooms and liquor cabinets for us lushes. I had an AMAZING time, and met tons of cool people while loitering around the rooms.

C

A very huge thanks to all the Room Crawl Hosts and their fabulous drinks, and also to the impromptu after-hours hosters (in my case, I particularly want to thank Tiki Kitty and Top Cat for their hospitality both nights--and I hope I wasn't too hard on their furniture Friday night!)

Caltiki Brent

http://www.facebook.com/dingdongdevils
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dingdongdevils

[ Edited by: congawa 2011-05-23 09:42 ]

A huge "Mahalo" to the room crawl hosts. This was our first time crawling at an event, and we didn't get to every room, but the experience was awesome and we'll be doing it again.

Kevin

CA

this was the most 'room crawling' I've ever done... in ten years... i was out by 1AM and didn't tip the great hosts... i'm such a rookie.......

Great Kahuna! There were some killer cocktails being served! Good stuff, Tiki Peeps! I now have a good idea how to use my St. Elizabeth's dram in my next creation.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by our room. We had a great time serving up the Tex-Mex Martiki.
Here's some pictures taken during our crawl'n journey.

A big Thank You Karen & Chris for putting the crawl together. Great job as always.
Mike & Karen

ahhhh, so cute.

On 2011-05-23 09:42, congawa wrote:
A very huge thanks to all the Room Crawl Hosts and their fabulous drinks, and also to the impromptu after-hours hosters (in my case, I particularly want to thank Tiki Kitty and Top Cat for their hospitality both nights--and I hope I wasn't too hard on their furniture Friday night!)

Caltiki Brent

Why, it was our pleasure to have you, Brent! Big shout out to Lance and Nancy (Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger) for seeing the sweat beads forming on Trevor's brow as he tried to quickly mix up individual drinks for a room overflowing with impromptu guests. Lance was quick to run and mix up a big batch of his delicious drinks and bring them over in his trusty thermos on Friday and Sat, leaving Trev to mix only for some. ATP saves the day! Your comment about the furniture has me wondering if you might know something about the $300 we had to pay for a broken bed? Oh wait, that was on our honeymoon.

Naw, I think I know what you're talking about, but everything survived very well. I'm more curious to know whether Tonga Tom came away from his little tangle with that pesky floor lamp unscathed. He's one tall tree to fall "timber" in the corner (say that 5 times fast). His recovery was very smooth though - just a little tuck and roll and a sheepish smile. Nicely done, Tom. :wink:

We didn't end up visiting many of the rooms, but thoroughly enjoyed those that we did. Fine hosts and hostesses all of you! I also found half the fun was in getting to each room. That gauntlet you had to pass through on the first floor poolside was a constant source of entertainment. Between Rory's drunken Jimmy Buffet ukulele serenades played and sung in turbo-speed (lest he be thrown into the pool), Soccer Tiki's strobe lights, and all the semi-subtle groping that was going on in that general area, it was a little reminiscent of spring break in the early 90s minus the neon green thong bikinis. Good times!

Tiki Kitty / Deanna

[ Edited by: Tiki Kitty 2011-05-25 03:15 ]

On 2011-05-25 03:13, Tiki Kitty wrote:

Naw, I think I know what you're talking about, but everything survived very well. I'm more curious to know whether Tonga Tom came away from his little tangle with that pesky floor lamp unscathed. He's one tall tree to fall "timber" in the corner (say that 5 times fast). His recovery was very smooth though - just a little tuck and roll and a sheepish smile. Nicely done, Tom. :wink:

Tiki Kitty / Deanna

Yikes! I hope I didn't hurt the floor lamp (or anything else for that matter). I believe I did come away unscathed (most importantly, I think the camera is ok too)...thank you for asking. I will try to be a little more careful next time.
BTW- Did anyone get a photo of my acrobatics by any chance? :wink:

C

I almost brought my tenor banjo so I could be like Jerry Van Dyke in Palm Springs Weekend and make it more like a 60's Spring break, but decided against it. Maybe I should have?

I guess that says something about the strength of the cocktails that night... I had a mini tumble sitting down, and later somebody said something about knocking over a floor lamp, and I thought it was me. But it was Tonga Tom? I guess I'm having Tonga Tom wannabe envy again.

Caltiki Brent

[ Edited by: congawa 2011-05-25 12:25 ]

TT

On 2011-05-25 12:24, congawa wrote:

I guess that says something about the strength of the cocktails that night... I had a mini tumble sitting down, and later somebody said something about knocking over a floor lamp, and I thought it was me. But it was Tonga Tom? I guess I'm having Tonga Tom wannabe envy again.

Caltiki Brent

[ Edited by: congawa 2011-05-25 12:25 ]

It's ok Brent, the floor lamp was news to me too. I think those drinks in your room might have had something to do with it. :wink:
Whatever happened to Mr. Link (Mekalekahaimekahainiho) that night?

Best room crawl moment for me:

Me..walking out of Hinano Paul & Deanna's bathroom, about 11:00 in the evening

Coco Joe: "Hey man..you are DRUNK"

Mrs. Wickedly: "What are those white things all over your face?"

Me (picking one off and looking at it): "Um...porcelain chips, I think they're from the underside of the toilet"

Thanks to all the room crawl hosts for all your generosity and drink-mixing virtuosity!

On 2011-05-25 10:17, Tonga Tom wrote:
Yikes! I hope I didn't hurt the floor lamp (or anything else for that matter). I believe I did come away unscathed (most importantly, I think the camera is ok too)...thank you for asking. I will try to be a little more careful next time.
BTW- Did anyone get a photo of my acrobatics by any chance? :wink:

No harm done, Tom! Glad the camera wasn't harmed either. I did notice you kept it well shielded, and even cradled it as you sat cross-legged on the floor for a moment wondering what had happened. You really don't remember?! Gee, I wish someone had been there taking pictures. :wink:

On a serious note, you have such fantastic talent for capturing all these events, and I always look forward to reliving the revelry through them. Thank you for spoiling us so!

We have to thank all of our gracious hosts for the fabulous drinks. Soccer Tiki & Wahoo – thanks for kicking it all off with those delicious Mai Tais. Kelly – those drinks were fantastic too! :)
What a great way to start off a Friday night accompanied by the poolside sounds of the Ding Dong Devils. ATP delivered a few trays of his fabulous Mai Tai’s to everyone while the Hula Girls took the stage.

Doug – we hope you enjoyed your impromptu Birthday room party. ATP supplied the Pizza, and Stacey supplied the yummy cake. It’s a good thing Stacey kicked everyone out before the beds were drenched with booze and broken in half. A big shout out to Deanna (Tiki Kitty) and Trevor (Top Cat) for your cozy room parties on Friday and Saturday. Besides the fabulous décor, you actually went to the time and trouble to prepare an array of snacks for all of us food challenged drinkers. We were happy to contribute our coolers of blood orange Mai Tai’s. You are the quintessential hosts in true mid-century modern style. ATP says: “Whoever found the rubber dress and ball gag, please return it to me”. :wink:

those were fabulous! And much appreciated... I think they helped us dance better! ; )

You are welcome Judy! We had to make sure that you and Dinah were properly hydrated. :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 159 replies