Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Thank You SoCal Ohana, I had a blast!

Pages: 1 8 replies

I'd like to take this oppotunity to thank the SoCal Ohana for welcoming me & making me feel totally at home on my recent trip. I visited Bahooka, Damon's, Tonga Hut, Oceanic Arts, Don The Beachcomber's & Kirby's Rumpus Room. I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed myself & couldn't possibly thank you enough for your hospitality! I no particular order, I must thank Grog, Kirby, Hiphipahula, Tobunga & Manuel, bigtikidude, Sabu, Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Murph, Kahuna Kent, Tikiyaki, Marty Lush, Tonga Tom, JOHN-O, HB Tiki, congawa, hottiki, Jason Wickedly, Al-ii & Doug Horne. I'm sorry if I forgot someone, but it really was a whirlwind trip. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row, so I can maek the move to SoCal permanently! I really feel like I belong there, between the Tiki scene & the Hot Rod scene, SoCal is definitely mecca to me.
Thank You All So Much!
Mahalo,
Rick

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2011-02-14 17:49 ]

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2011-02-14 17:50 ]

T

Aloha Rick!

Glad you had a good time out here, hope your trip home was uneventful.

It was great finally getting to meet you, and there is now actual Big Kahuna photo documentation on TC... I realized when we met that I had never seen a pic of you here on Tiki Central!

You managed to squeeze in a lot of tiki while you were here, but there's so much more to see, so c'mon back!

H

It was good to meet The Big Kahuna at Don's on TC Nite. The Hot Rod Show that got you out west and the following adventures in Tiki were sorta in the off season. Wait till your here in summer when the art shows and music are in full swing. You can find a car show somewhere here almost everynite. Here's a tip: Sell all you can, stuff that can be replaced at a latter date...it makes the moving alot lighter !

Aloha Rick, it was so good to meet you and have plenty time to hang out as Boston was shut down with the blizzard and all. You must move to SoCal or at least come visit again soon. Good times for sure, hurry back :)

It was great to meet you too Rick! I'm sure that one way or another, you will make it out here permanently. There are so many fun Spring and Summer events to look forward to. Hurry up! Socal will welcome you with open arms. We give good Ohana.:wink:

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger.

Rick,

good to meet you.
sounds like you had a great time,
sorry we didn't have more chance to talk at Dons.

Good luck on getting back out here again.

Jeff(btd)

HT

It was nice to meet you and your friend that already made the move to SC.

J

On 2011-02-16 09:22, HB TIKI wrote:
It was nice to meet you and your friend...

That friend was "Luke". It said so right on his shirt.

Big Kahuna, you're ALREADY one up on me. I've never been to Rumpus Room. You need to come back to So Cal and show me where it is.

It was great to meet the man behind the name, but honestly you were not what I imagined from your TC handle. I was expecting a BIG Kahuna. You were more of a Medium Kahuna. :D

And where's the detailed trip report ?? !!

Luke is actually Lukeulele here on TC. JOHN-O, I'm sorry I'm not as big a Kahuna as you expected! :lol: One of my employees started calling me that long before I discovered Tiki. I musta sat in front of my computer for an hour trying to think up some clever TC name, but just kept coming up blank. Finally, I gave up & typed in Big Kahuna, not realizing that it's kinda pretentious & figuring it was probably already taken. I was surprised when it was accepted. Awhile back, I pondered the question of keeping the name to the TC folks & you overwhelmingly responded that I should keep it, so I remain, humbly, your Big(ish) Kahuna.
Mahalo again to all of you who made my first SoCal trip so enjoyable. I will be back!
Rick

Pages: 1 8 replies