Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

"Mr. G Is Stoked" or "Slickster" - Which to Buy?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I'm finally able to add some new tiki mugs to my humble collection but I'm having a tough time deciding between "Mr. G Is Stoked" or "Slickster". I like 'em both yet I can only afford one due to the additional items I've got in my Tiki Farm cart. Can anyone recommend one mug over the other?

Thanks!

[ Edited by: DejaVoodoo 2011-02-17 21:12 ]

http://www.flip-coin.com/
All life's tough decisions can be resolved by a flip of a coin.

Ya know? I just couldn't decide which to buy - "Slickster" or "Mr. G Is Stoked" - so I bought one of each! I also picked up a "Makalani: Siren Of The Sea" bowl to round things out. I can't wait to behold my mugs in person! :D

Thanks Tiki Farm!

Great Choice! There all beautiful, ya?? I think that's the problem here, were do you say no..
I can't wait to get that Makalani bowl.. :)

Aloha

I got my Tiki Farm mug order today! The "Slickster" and "Mr. G Is Stoked" mugs are fantastic! I couldn't be happier with them! However, there are some issues with my "Makalani: Siren Of The Sea" bowl.

On the inside, way at the bottom of the pedestal base, there is a tiny, tiny portion of the bowl missing the seafoam green glaze. The white ceramic shows through and I was concerned if this little unglazed area would be affected by any colored libations I might put in the bowl. For example, if I made a red drink, would the spot get stained pink?

Also, there's a section near the end of the mermaid's tail where it looks as though a dark brown or black glaze from another mug splattered onto my yet-to-be-fired bowl. I thought perhaps the dots might have come from a marker, but they're clearly under the glaze, baked right in, and an (I hope) unintentional part of the finish.

I hate to quibble, since the overall design is simply gorgeous and the imperfections are slight. Still, part of me can't help but be a little upset. Oh well.

Pages: 1 4 replies