Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Steel Guitar Workshop Survey

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha,

We are considering hosting a Steel Guitar Workshop over the summer. I'm trying to gauge what kind of interest there might be in this. So I'm taking a little survey. If you are at all interested in acquiring or improving skills on a Steel Guitar (Lap steel, Pedal Steel) then you might be interested in this. So no commitment, just as a preliminary...
I'm taking a survey...
A - would you be interested in attending a steel guitar workshop?
B - do you already have a steel guitar?
C - are you considering purchasing a steel guitar?
please post your answers here
Mahalo!

M

Very interesting... thanx for the thot, lord knows we need more of this. Let's see what the cool factor really is here on TC.

A - would you be interested in attending a steel guitar workshop?
B - do you already have a steel guitar?
C - are you considering purchasing a steel guitar?
A - yes, but only on Oahu
B - yes
C - of course, always
D - let's hear more about it

Hi!
I wish I was still on Oahu! But alas, in San Clemente, which is where the steel guitar workshop would be held if it comes together. It would be conducted by Kay Das, who is amazing- he's been playing at our Sunday Kanikapila lately. We were thinking of doing this for 8 weeks over the summer. Other than that, no details as of yet. We're still working out details. Right now I'm just trying to see if there is any interest.

C
Chub posted on Tue, Feb 22, 2011 10:58 PM

A - would you be interested in attending a steel guitar workshop? YES
B - do you already have a steel guitar? YES
C - are you considering purchasing a steel guitar? NO, I HAVE ONE.

No offense to RANDALL DIXON, especially if he just got confused about what thread he was posting on, but since his post has nothing whatsoever do do with the subject of steel guitars, I would advise people to NOT click on that link he posted in the above message. Unless he'd like to pop back up and explain of course. And again, Randall, I apologize if your post is legitimate rather than an attempt to get people to click on something that may have bad consequences for their computer or their identity.

M

Let's see what the cool factor really is here on TC.
Seems to be heading straight for a dbl. ooch...

Aloha,
To follow up... If anyone is interested the workshop begins next Friday - 5/20. It is conducted by Kay Das, who, among his other credentials was a sound engineer on the Abbey Road album. There is still room for about 3 more people in the class, so if anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected]

Pages: 1 6 replies