Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Cookies

Pages: 1 24 replies

Mmmmmm. The edible ones!! Stater Bros. makes a mean plain wrap chunk chocolate chip with a hint of coco-nut! Score! (and I don't even partake in da weed!) I'm a cookie freak! Whats the best cookie you've had?

The ones that are made from real girl scouts!...No seriously, I only buy cookies when the girl scouts come around. I like those Scottish shortbread cookies like Lorna Doons (hey didn't she play bass for the Germs?...sorry, that was Lorna Doom).

I have always had a soft spot for Pirate Cookies, the ones with the peanut butter center. I was raised on Digestive cookies. I still like them once in a while.

K

Chocolate graham crackers, by themselves for basic crunch cravings. Topped with marshmallow fluff for the full treatment.

Marshmallow fluff eaten straight out of the jar is reserved for special occasions, like while watching a really good episode of COPS.

[ Edited by: kctiki on 2003-05-25 06:32 ]

Double choclate Milanos, 'cause Pepridge Fahms Remembas.

Don't forget about Pinwheels. That chocolate over marshmallow is just the best! VONS stores also makes a great generic brand shortbread cookie with either lemon or strawberry in the middle. They are outstanding! If you're craving a little sweetness in your bite, these can't be beat.
Good ol' Oreo's cant' be beat too. Split them in half, dunk them in milk....ahh...brings back memories of childhood.

There used to be a Paradise Bakery in Main Place Mall in Santa Ana. They had the best lemon, sugar and snickerdoodle cookies. As far as I know that place is history - too bad.

Store bought, I agree with Al - Pepperidge Farm makes the best ones. Milanos and Chessmen rule. Mall bought, I like Mrs. Fields - the Milk Chocolate Chips are king.

And oh yeah, the butter cookies from Anderson's Bakery in Solvang kick ass too!

T

We've got berger cookies here in Baltimore. A vanilla cookie with 3x as much chocolate frosting. Easily go through a glass of milk on one ot two.

Need to go into Sugar Shock. http://www.bergercookies.com/

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-05-25 18:35 ]

Poly-pop whats a snickerdoodle?

T

On 2003-05-26 04:23, atomictonytiki wrote:

Here this is Snickerdoodle...

http://community.webshots.com/album/63000550pQVDoN

Pop I can't believe you snack on these!

On 2003-05-26 11:54, tikimug wrote:

On 2003-05-26 04:23, atomictonytiki wrote:

Here this is Snickerdoodle...

http://community.webshots.com/album/63000550pQVDoN

Pop I can't believe you snack on these!

Dipped in Beer Batter and deep-fried - now that's good eatin'! :lol:

Turbogod, a Snickerdoodle is a Sugar/Cinnamon Cookie. Give a try:

http://www.cookingcache.com/snickerdoodlecookies.shtml

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-05-26 13:54 ]

Mmmmmm deep fried foods, foods cooked the scottish way...

Deep Fried Mars Bar

Deep Fried Pizza

M

I can't believe this came up! What a strange coincidence...I just deep fried my first mars bar over the weekend!

I'd always wanted to try this, so there I was, Sunday night, after a few too many beers and a little of the stuff that that Tiki_Bong guy in HB likes so much. I threw aside one of my most cherished rules ("Never fuck with hot oil when you're wasted") and gave it a shot. I happened to have a specially imported UK Mars bar on hand, so it had to be fate. I whipped up some batter from an online recipe and fried away. In peanut oil no less, to really propel myself to an early grave.

Guess what? It's soooooo gooood. A little salt in batter gives it that sweet/salty magic, and it's gooey and fantastic.

I have also heard that deep frying Oreos is good, so I may try that next.

Current projected lifespan= 45 years.

-martin

Anybody see the Gilmore Girls episode where they fried a turkey for Thanksgiving and then got drunk and decided to fry everything that couldn't get away, including a shoe?

Devil's food cookies, even the cheapy-cheap ones, are always good to me. And Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux. But nothing beats slice 'n' bake chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven, and a glass of milk.

Mrs. Fields' white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are tops in my book. And speaking of stuff that shouldn't be fried....a big hit at last years State Fair here was fried twinkies. Hard to believe, I know, but you can't post things on the internet that aren't true!

WOW.

Martin wrote:

I can't believe this came up! What a strange coincidence...I just deep fried my first mars bar over the weekend!

I'd always wanted to try this, so there I was, Sunday night, after a few too many beers and a little of the stuff that that Tiki_Bong guy in HB likes so much....

I have also heard that deep frying Oreos is good, so I may try that next.

Current projected lifespan= 45 years.

Yeah, but whadda 45 years it's going to be! Er, can I join you guys for the Oreos?!

--tikivixen

"Oh, to hell with the diet!!!"

--"BRAZIL"

M

Hell yes! I've actually always wanted to have a donut party. I've got all these recipes for all kinds of donuts, crullers, churros, etc. This would be a good sunday brunch/hangover helper kind of party. I thought: Heat up a shitload of oil, everyone come over and we'll make all these doughs, sample 'em, have some Ramos Fizzes and Bloody Marys, and just get nasty bloated on fried dough. Mmmmm...donuts. And we can of course throw in some oreos!

-martin

On 2003-05-28 09:54, martiki6 wrote:
I thought: Heat up a shitload of oil, everyone come over and we'll make all these doughs, sample 'em, have some Ramos Fizzes and Bloody Marys, and just get nasty bloated on fried dough. Mmmmm...donuts.

MUST.....MAINTAIN.....FIGURE....!

Let's do it! How about the morning after the party I'm having in June (but no date set yet)?

--cindy

DON'T use KIT-KATS, the air trapped in the wafer explodes throwing hot fat everywhere.

The last time I tried to make donuts at home
I ended up with 2nd degree burns on my legs and a $500.00 repair bill for the kitchen. If you want I would be happy to come to your place and share my recipe!

Holey moley, thanks for the warning! No KIT-KATS, guys!

June is slightly dicey for me partywise...I'm going to be down south the second weekend, in Florida the last weekend. However, in theory the first and particularly the third Saturdays hold promise. Also Fri. 6th is probably okay...hope this helps. Sure hope I can make it; I regretted missing the last Foggy Party!

--Lisa

p.s. I'll bring some Mystic Mints.

On 2003-05-28 13:11, atomictonytiki wrote:
DON'T use KIT-KATS, the air trapped in the wafer explodes throwing hot fat everywhere.

Okay, now I'm totally on board. Exploding Kit-Kats are something I can get excited about.

Personally, I'm all about the Lorna Doones these days, though I don't think they'd benefit from deep frying. But then, it you don't know till you try.

Maybe I should've named this post "Munchies."
Diggin on the deep fried stuff! Actually, diggin on all you talking about it cause my gal bladder, don't do the deep fried stuff. But, when I go under the knife, (sometime soon) I'll be frying some kit kat's just for the experience!! Also, I'm gonna eat 100 pounds of cheese and 100 pizzas! And, Ice cream!!!! 100 gallons of the gnarliest I can find!!! And, the fat from steak!! And, deep fried shrimp! And, chimichungas! And, Mc Donalds! And, Milk! Yogurt! Creamed Spinich! The list goes on! I WILL NOT be SKINNY anymore!!!!!! I've been skinny all my life!! I want to be fat!! I want to have the (tiki)God Damn problems that most of the U.S. has!! I want to be one of you and complain that I'm fat! F@#*!!!! One chocolate chip cookie a day. That's what I get, and it's the best damn cookie in the world! I'll stop babbeling now.

RNR

I recently received a Cookie Care Package from my sister in the land of the Ice Tiki (Far Frozen North). I know you can't attach a "Taste" to this post but I just thought I'd share a few photos.

it looks like it would taste like Party city,
saccharine sweet

Pages: 1 24 replies