Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Chris Clark's Tiki Brunch

Pages: 1 5 replies

B

Sunday March 13th I am hosting my Tiki Brunch in Eagle Rock California. Live music food &drinks and a hell of a good time. I have been having art shows and also use it to show off my small Tiki collection. I hope to attract more collectors to start an exchange at my shows. I do this every Sunday 2-7pm. And it's in an Awesome bowlling alley :D

cool,
I need to remember to go to one of these.
Please bump the thread as it gets closer sir.

thanks
Jeff(btd)

My friend Curt who lives in the area, keeps telling me about these and I know that Rose goes too. Looks like a lot of fun! Please keep posting here when you have them so I can plan to get up there.

Thanx Guys! I sure will keep the info flowing in.It's so much fun doing these :D

G
Gavin posted on Thu, Mar 3, 2011 1:01 PM

For those of you who may go to this, Craic Haus are distant genre relatives of the Hula Girls. Instead of being the progenitors of Hulabilly, they are the original Shamrockabilly band.
the two continent removed cousin of Hulabilly.
They play old traditional Irish tunes and old classic (Mostly SoCal) punk rock tunes with a vaguely Celtic twist. Good drinking music.
The drummer Danny is formerly of OC punkers Lost Cause. The original Lost Cause, not the new one from back east somewhere. To give you an idea of their timeframe, the first time SD left SoCal to play San Francisco, it was in a van with Lost Cause. Anyway, Danny still plays drums and sings and his son (Billy Zoom protege) plays guitar. It is really cool that this father and son team share this bond and carry on the tradition.
Various OC punker types tend to go and see them and sing along. Good times.
His son is roughly the age now that Danny was when he was playing the Cuckoo's Nest. Except he's a good kid.

B

Awsome! Thanx for the back ground info. Looking forward to having him and his mates at the Tiki Brunch :)

Pages: 1 5 replies