Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge 3-2-11

Pages: 1 0 replies

DZ

On this week’s show we took a slight detour to celebrate Mardi Gras and New Orleans, where the doctor‘s family hails from. Next week I will be out of town but they will replay one of my earlier shows, and I will be back on the air live March 9 with a special St. Patrick’s Day show.

Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Radio Fairfax, which can be heard on the Internet at: http://www.radiofairfax.org This show is only broadcast live; there are no recorded shows archived that you can listen to. However, some fans do record the show’s live broadcasts on their computers to listen to in the future.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: March 2, 2011

1. “Mardi Gras in New Orleans” by the Dirty Dozen Brass Band from the CD: A Celebration of New Orleans Music to Benefit Musicares Hurricane Relief 2005

2. “Blue Drag” by the New Orleans Jazz Vipers from the Putamayo CD: Swing Around the World

3. “La Danse De Mardi Gras” by Steve Riley & The Mamou Playboys from The Rough Guide to the Music of Louisiana

4. “Don’t Go Baby” the 1949 song by John Lee Hooker from the CD: I’m in the Mood

5. “Surfin’ and Swingin’” by Les Brown Jr. from the collection: The World of Surf Music

6. “Cong-Go” by Duke Ellington from the 1961 recording: Piano in the Foreground, with Aaron Bell on Bass and Sam Woodward on Drums

7. The 1964 Jax Beer Commercial by future avant-garde jazz goddess Patty Waters from her CD collection: You Thrill Me – A Musical Odyssey 1960-1979, with Joe Newman on Trumpet

8. “They All Asked for You” by The Meters from their CD: The Essentials

9. “Life Is So Peculiar” the 1950 song from the CD Box Set: Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five, Featuring a duet with Louis Jordan and Louis Armstrong

10. “Debutante Ball” by Mike West from his CD: Redneck Riviera

11. “Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans?” the 1946 recording by Billie Holiday & Louis Armstrong from the Box Set: Lady Sings the Blues

12. “Way Down Yonder in New Orleans” the 1938 recording by Buck Clayton & the Kansas City Six From the CD collection: Swingin’ With Buck, with Buck Clayton on Muted Trumpet, Freddie Green on Electric Guitar and Lester Young on Tenor Sax

13. “Midnight in New Orleans,” the 1947 song by Earl Hines and Johnny Hartmann from the CD: Straight Life by Earl Hines & His Orchestra

14. “When the Saints Go Marching In” by Louis Armstrong from the Anthology: The Original Jazz Legends Series, Volume 1

15. “Congo Square” by Sonny Landreth from his CD: South of I-10

Pages: 1 0 replies