Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

AceyTiki and I got engaged at Tiki Ti!

Pages: 1 4 replies

Aloha! I know I haven't been around much since we bought our house. We always seem so busy working on one project or the next! When we do have some down time it's only because we are on vacation and we all know that isn't really down time. This time we went to Modernism week in Palm Springs where we randomly met Tiki Beat and his beautiful wife. Then we headed up to LA for a couple days for a whirlwind tour of as many tiki bars as we could get in!

The best had to be when we were at Tiki Ti and AceyTiki proposed to me. Mike had just said to us that we were like the last of the Motikians, a dying bread of true tiki culture when AceyTiki pulled a box out of his pocket and asked me, "Will you marry me? We can be the last of the Motikians together." Of course, I said yes!

Now our dream is to have a big tiki wedding extravaganza on Maui and have entered a contest to try to make that a reality. We would love if you could vote for us and help make that happen. If it happens you know that we will be hiring more than one of you for it and inviting others. That makes it a win win situation for all of us!

http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entry/145004?=f0

If you don't want to vote, no big deal. We just thought we would try. Thanks so much for those who did!

C
croe67 posted on Thu, Mar 3, 2011 7:42 AM

WOW! & Congrats!!!!! :D

I voted for ya - Good Luck & hope to hear that you've won!!!!!!
& if you do win, you've got to share lots of pictures here :D

Thank you! And I will! I'd even make sure to have some kind of drink for as many as I could at Tiki Oasis if we win.

Nice. Congratulations.
What drink did you have to celebrate?

So happy for you two! Can't wait to see you as a beautiful bride in Maui!
I voted, of course...twice!!

Pages: 1 4 replies