Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tahitian Tikis Imports

Pages: 1 4 replies

Found this cool old photo from 1970. Anyone have an idea where it was taken or any info on Tahitian Tikis Imports?
Looks as though it may have been a nautical themed strip mall of sorts with medical offices...or perhaps located at a tourist trap/port of call?

C

I've got the answer: it was in Tiburon, California, whose one-block-long downtown has been touristy for decades. Here's their ad from the June 1967 issue of "The Magazine of Northern California, Image, Marin Edition," a 96-page bound quarterly publication that seems to have been aimed at those with (shall we say) disposable income.

On 2015-04-03 14:35, clayfran wrote:
I've got the answer: it was in Tiburon, California, whose one-block-long downtown has been touristy for decades. Here's their ad from the June 1967 issue of "The Magazine of Northern California, Image, Marin Edition," a 96-page bound quarterly publication that seems to have been aimed at those with (shall we say) disposable income.

Nice work Clayfran,
I like that tiki representation on the ad.
mahalo
Btw, looks like there’s a candy store at 21 Main. It also appears that the location fronts the Tiburon Ferry Terminal-hence the nautical flavor of Lukeulele’s pic.

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2015-04-03 15:23 ]

Well, it only took 4 years for a reply! Here is a little more info on the place.

It opened in 1960 and was owned by Mimi Berticevich.

Tikis up to 6 feet tall!

Here's Mimi in the kitchen with a smaller Tiki.

DC

On 2015-04-03 17:02, Dustycajun wrote:
Well, it only took 4 years for a reply! Here is a little more info on the place.

DC

Dusty, I knew you would contribute to this thread. You need to change your handle to DependableCajun.
Mahalo!

Pages: 1 4 replies