Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Vegas to Newberry Springs...Anyone up for a convoy?

Pages: 1 19 replies

We are planning on attending the Mojave Oasis and thought it might be fun to convoy out with any other TC'ers that are going. Is there any interest from the Vegas ohana?

M

Inky and I are going. I am hoping to be able to leave Friday AM to head there.

S

we are coming out from san diego on friday morning

Unfortunately, I can't pick up my rental rv until 1 pm. This may put a wrench into my convoy plans. I will probably head out of Vegas around 2 pm after I load er up. However, I am going to see if I can pick it up earlier in the day.

M

Let us know!

M

But if a thousand screamin' trucks
And eleven long-haired friends of Jesus
In a chartreuse microbus join us we might overload the campground!

I will let you know. I'm going to see how early I can get the rv.

On 2011-03-10 16:37, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't pick up my rental rv until 1 pm.

CAUTION- GOOD NATURED RIBBING ALERT;
Sooooo, Trailerpark Tiki is in reality "Rental Rv Tiki"? :wink:

I really don't have a trailer, but someday I will. My tiki central name is a reference to a sitcom called, "Trailer Park Boys." Sorry to disappoint. :o(

R.V.s are nothing to be ashamed of! That's how I will travel the desert...reviving an old tradition from having just gotten off the boat in California! :D :

Sven,

Classic card! Did you sell them? Chauffeur them?

DC

I waz ze German check-out agent, explaining German tourists that had bought a flight/motor home package how to use them. Picked 'em up at the airport, demoed lighting the fridge pilot, emptying the sewage tanks, etc, did the paper work, and sent them on their merry way! :) I also got to drive some sold R.V.s up to Tacoma and Tahoe, and take one out occasionally for weekend outings with friends.

On 2011-03-30 17:05, bigbrotiki wrote:
I waz ze German check-out agent, explaining German tourists that had bought a flight/motor home package how to use them. Picked 'em up at the airport, demoed lighting the fridge pilot, emptying the sewage tanks, etc, did the paper work, and sent them on their merry way! :) I also got to drive some sold R.V.s up to Tacoma and Tahoe, and take one out occasionally for weekend outings with friends.

Where is the "Like" button?!?!

Hi All - We would be interested in heading out early Friday morning from Vegas if anyone wants to caravan down to Mojave... We're thinking between 8-9am.

P.S. Does anyone know what time were allowed to park on opening day???

I think noon is when they are opening. 9 am will get ya there before noon. I will try to pick my rv up as early as I can. Mr Smiley also wants to leave early.

M

On 2011-04-04 20:27, Vegasbilly & Lil Hula wrote:
Hi All - We would be interested in heading out early Friday morning from Vegas if anyone wants to caravan down to Mojave... We're thinking between 8-9am.

P.S. Does anyone know what time were allowed to park on opening day???

Yes, noon is when the gates open.
Welcome, to TC (as posting folk)-come visit us at Frankies this Wednesday from about 730 pm till about 11 pm. Ask Mike the bartender for MrSmiley in case you can't find us. Wednesdays are the official TC hangout night.

I will try to make it this Wednesday.

We are still targeting 9am, but it may be more like 9:30 am.

We will have to meet ya there. The earliest I can get the RV is 11 am.

On 2011-04-11 15:58, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
We will have to meet ya there. The earliest I can get the RV is 11 am.

that sucks!
We are still targeting the 9am hour. We will see...

Pages: 1 19 replies