Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

4/10/11: WAITIKI Festival of Music & Cocktail in Boston, MA • Celebrating Martin Denny's 100th

Pages: 1 14 replies

**The WAITIKI Festival of Music & Cocktail

April 10, 2011, 6-10pm

Russell House Tavern, 14 JFK St., Harvard Square**

The WAITIKI Festival of Music & Cocktail makes its Boston homecoming!

Enjoy first-rate tiki cocktail specials, live music performed by the award-winning WAITIKI exotica band, and the DJ sounds of Jack Fetterman, Gina of the Jungle, and Brother Cleve. This highly anticipated event comes in response to the acclaimed December 2010 WAITIKI Festival at Don The Beachcomber and is sure to be a blast! Party attendees will have first dibs on the limited edition, audiophile-quality vinyl LP WAITIKI in Hi-Fi. Doors at 6 pm.

Ticketing Info
There is a $20 suggested tax-deductible donation for the musicians. Make your donation when you RSVP online at http://opus-waitiki.eventbrite.com. Mahalo nui for supporting live music!

And... Announcing The Super Duper Tiki Pack
Need a tiki jumpstart? We can help. Come wearing your favorite aloha shirt or leisurewear and we'll hook you up with a vessel for tiki drinking, a lei, music downloads from WAITIKI & cocktail recipes!

• $15 pre-order / $20 at the party; limited supplies.

Questions: Call (909) 248-4549, or email [email protected]

About the co-hosts:

WAITIKI INTERNATIONAL LLC is a Boston-based collective that promotes the revitalization of mid-century ‘tiki’ pop culture and exotica music. Our artists are the highest-quality prionals—including the award-winning and critically-acclaimed WAITIKI 7. Founded in 2003, we have produced, performed at, and presented events in North America and Europe that join music and cocktail. Through our support for live exotica music, master mixologists of tiki cocktails, tiki artwork, and other tiki collectibles, we are helping to define our vision for 21st century tiki.

Opus Affair is a non-profit social networking group (501c3) devoted to building the community of young professionals interested in the arts by making social connections among artists and non-artists and providing access to a variety of art in an informal fashion.

WAITIKI INTERNATIONAL LLC: Advancing Exotica & Tiki for Modern Times
www.WAITIKI.com and also visit The WAITIKI 7

[ Edited by: professahhummingflowah 2011-03-10 20:51 ]

[ Edited by: professahhummingflowah 2011-03-10 20:52 ]

Just RSVP'd. Looking forward to it!

I'm in! Cant wait.

I pity the poor fool who doesn't go to THIS event!

Some really really exciting updates on this event.

First of all we would like to announce our Rum Sponsors & the products which will be featured on the drink menu:

El Dorado (8 & 12 Year products)
Montanya (Oro & Platino)

Also sponsoring the event is our favorite cocktail supply store, the Boston Shaker, out in Somerville (Davis Sq.)

We'll have swag bags (one per attendee) with some really really special stuff that I promise you're not going to find anywhere else.

Just to reiterate, there's no cover, but we ask that you please make a donation on our behalf to Opus Affair, the non-profit who's presenting us!!

And for those of you who want to upgrade to our Super Tiki Kit, you'll also get a tiki mug & first-edition WAITIKI Sampler (downloads!)

The Super Tiki Kit is $15 in advance, $20 at the door -- all of this is fully tax-deductible (the donations, Tiki Kit, etc); Opus Affair will be setup to take cash or credit cards at the event.

RSVP & all that mumbo jumbo at http://opus-waitiki.eventbrite.com

WAITIKI INTERNATIONAL LLC: Advancing Exotica & Tiki for Modern Times
www.WAITIKI.com and also visit The WAITIKI 7

[ Edited by: professahhummingflowah 2011-04-04 18:15 ]

Also there's a great show preview at DrinkBoston.com: http://drinkboston.com/2011/03/30/nips-33011/

Holy shit we're just 6 days away from what will hopefully become a quarterly event!

http://stuffboston.com/get/archive/2011/04/04/april-10-waitiki-festival-at-russel-house-tavern.aspx

We're in and expect to be hanging at the bar upstairs before the show starting around 4pm.

X
xtine posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2011 8:25 PM

I can't wait to see everyone!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Apr 5, 2011 6:15 AM

Wish I could be in Boston for this event!!

Check out our feature in Fork Lift (Boston Herald A&E Lifestyle blog):
http://bostonherald.com/blogs/lifestyle/fork_lift/?p=4560

Leave a comment if you love tiki cocktails and/or WAITIKI!

H

What a great night! Waitiki rocked the house, as did Brother Cleve, Jack and Gina!

Here are a few photos. Sorry for any blurry ones...I was, er, not seeing terribly straight by the end of the evening...

X
xtine posted on Mon, Apr 11, 2011 7:06 PM

Awesome! That was a great time. That is some good live music. I'd watch Waitiki play in a crappy basement if that's where I had to go.

D

They say you never forget your first! Great people, drinks and music...what a blast! Shaka!

Pages: 1 14 replies