Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

DntPnc's tiki work

Pages: 1 9 replies

D

This is my first try at any tiki art whatsoever, so I am just looking for some critiques. Feel free to be harsh, I want to get better.

[ Edited by: dntpnc 2011-06-14 12:50 ]

I think you're doing a great job! I really like that you've chosen to use, in this case, different shades of red. I find it artistic and you don't overdo the motifs.

Thanks for sharing!

N

very cool! well done for a first try, or any try for that matter.

what did you use for this?

D

Thanks for comments.

I am using Inkscape. Its a free vector based program for mac. I am thinking about converting them to stencils and transfering them to some other medium

Welcome, it will be fun to watch you add to your thread of art. I like what you have done. I like that they are serious tikis, cheers, Wendy

Those would look really cool silkscreened onto a shirt.

Or as the basis for some custom fabric like spoonflower makes.

Very nice!!!

D

I finally got around to doing another:

Back when I was in high school I was in a ukulele ensemble, and recently the director asked me to do some posters, so I though I would surprise them with a tiki.
I like the eyes better than the ones I did before, but I have yet to come up with a chin I like. Any critique would be greatly appreciated.

I think the next one I end up doing will be a hot rod style, mostly red and black and incorporating the vw logo. Its a surprise for when my dad's beetle is done. It was originally sold in Hawaii now in so cal, so it is only fitting.

C
cy posted on Sat, Jun 18, 2011 4:32 PM

I agree with chip and andy- These would look great screen printed also. Nice work and the chins are fine.

D

I am really proud of this one. SO proud, that tomorrow, it is being made into stickers, and put on MY beetle. I am not normally this proud of my work, but this one I am.

It took a couple false starts, and I intended to use a different font, but I love the way it turned out.
"Sorry 'Bout That" is from the Inch Pincher, A famous factory drag car for empi, back in the 60's:

Because if you pass a muscle car in a beetle, you should at least be apologetic.

As always, I am open to any criticisms.

Pages: 1 9 replies