Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Any Okolemaluna Tsunami news?

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

Haven't heard anything about the Big Island damage, but it seems Muai and Oahu got some bad storm surges! My best wishes to all our Ohana in the Tsunami Zones and wish the best for them!

Brice and Lisa (the owners) live close to the coast also!

I have heard news that the waves reached to Ali'i Drive and most businesses on the water side of the road have damage, but Okolemaluna is on the land side of Ali'i, so I am hoping received little to no damage. I sent a message to Lisa and Brice via Facebook, but haven't heard anything yet.

Sending positive thoughts to everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Wh0_yNJhc

Check this one out! Let me know if the link doesn't work.

[ Edited by: beadtiki 2011-03-12 12:21 ]

B
Brice posted on Sun, Mar 13, 2011 2:45 PM

Aloha -- Okolemaluna made it through the Tsunami just fine. We heard La Marina survived as well. It was a very close call here in Kona but the Tiki Gods made sure we were safe and sound. Only a couple of businesses had serious damage, most got up and going and are waiting for you to come visit. Mahalo for all of your concern and we are still proud to be serving fresh local ingredients with fine rums in our drinks. We look forward to seeing you soon and hope to see everyone for the Mai Tai festival in August! Mahalo for your support of the local tiki bar.

Aloha,

Everything is just fine in Hawaii. That's a good thing! I hope to go to the mai tai festival this year too.

Pages: 1 4 replies