Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

I tried...

Pages: 1 8 replies

I got sick and didn't wanna spread it around. Hope to make it to the next event.

What the f*#* are you refering to?

P.S. I think Kahukini (that is if you're not really him) is into some sort of pirate gig for this week's new trek into finding himself.

Hi Hanalei_Pirate,

Welcome to Tiki Central. And, yeah, a polite way of putting what Bong asked: What event are you refering to? There are so many of them now. ...

~Hanford

HanaleiPirate was talking about JohnnieVelour's BBQ. She originally said she was going to be there. When she posted her "I tried" message, it posted directly underneath JohnnieVelour's BBQ Party thread, after JohnnieVelour gave his thank-you's for everyone for coming.

I believe she just clicked in the wrong area, and instead of "posting a reply" to JV's thank you to everyone in the BBQ Thread, she accidentally did a "new post".

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-05-27 15:00 ]

K

Hanalei_Pirate, welcome to TC, and check out my site if you're into pirates! Grown adults dress up like pirates and wenches and act like fools at festivals the year round.

Get the inside scoop on these and many more events at http://www.pyracy.com Yarrr!

Gasparilla (Fla.) Pirate Fest - January - February
DC Tall Ships - Pirate events as part of the annual Cherry Blossom Festival - March
Corpus Christi (Tex.) Buccaneer Days - April
Central Florida Pirate Festival, St. Petersburg - May
North Carolina Blackbeard Festival - May
Blackbeard Pirate Festival, Dallas, Tex. - June
Niagara (N.Y.) Pirate Festival - July - August
Gold Coast Pirate Faire, Lake Casitas, Calf. - September
Mission San Juan Capistrano (Calif.) Pirate Festival - in October
Pirates Week - the national festival of the Cayman Islands! October-November
Pirates in Paradise, Key West, Fla. - November-December

R
Rain posted on Tue, May 27, 2003 5:58 PM

man, i would SO be at pirates in paradise if i could. i'm leaving the state in three weeks and i already have to fly back three times - for hukilau, our big move, and my sister's wedding. don't think i could swing another trip, especially in the middle of a semester. oh well.
live to yarrr another day.

[ Edited by: Rain on 2003-05-27 18:06 ]

Yes! More pirates! Hey Sugar Caddy got that right - I pushed the wrong button and all - pleeease excuse the messed up post I am still not sure how everyone happens to read my emails so fast (duh). Anyway, kahukini - I am over at the piracy.com bulletin board as Rumrunner of the Spanish Main - are you ported here in So. California? I am really thinking about going to the Pirates in Paradise festival but it is still along time to December, yet and have to see if my good fortunes hold up (hiccup). we are gonna go to the renaissance faire june 7 and 8th dressed up like pirates and all are welcome to join in!

K

hey rummrunner/hanalei - i'm in birmingham, aladamnbama, hometown of the world famous Howell Raines, winner of the Pulitzer Prize, and editor of the NY Times until 10:00 yesterday morning!
BTW, if anyone wants to read the article that won him the pulitzer, it will make you cry it is so beautiful. I got it off Lexis/Nexis and can email it to you.

...but about pirates in paradise... i'm hoping to go, but won't know for sure until much closer to the event, like you.

Have a blast at the faire, & please upload your pics to http://pyracy.com/gallery !

Take a Reality Trip

[ Edited by: kahukini on 2003-06-06 02:21 ]

good idea - thanks for reminding me to bring the digital camera tomorrow!

Pages: 1 8 replies