Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

I am getting Hukilau fever!

Pages: 1 18 replies

I am.

me too.

wednesday night if youre in lauderdale.. the mai kai has an awesome sushi happy hour.

weeeeeeee!

I hope you guys are ready for I Belli Di Waikiki. They are so excited about this performance! For those of you that might miss their performance on Friday night you can catch them at the Mai Kai on Saturday night after the first show!

We are in for quite a time at this years Hukilau!!

Yeah, can't wait for this, my first Tiki event. Live near by, will be there for Wensday night happy hour and from then on...
Aloha, Tim

I'm very much looking forward to the Hukilau.

And for even MORE I Belli di Waikiki ...

Thursday, June 26 , 2003

Martini Club , 520 Douglas Ave., Dunedin, FL, (727) 734-0885
on Florida's West Coast

in order of appearance:
I Belli Di Waikiki
The Vodkanauts (surf/lounge/rock 'n' roll, from Tampa Bay)

showtime 9pm; admission free

Surf In The Turf
http://www.surfintheturf.com

Sunday, June 29, 2003
Skipper's Smokehouse, 910 Skipper Rd.,Tampa, FL, (813) 971-0666
on Florida's West Coast, four hours from Hukilau 2003

in order of appearance
The Thrusters (hot rod surf, from Orlando)
I Belli Di Waikiki
The Vodkanauts

Plus vendors, artisans and other assorted coolness.

Any and all Hukilau vendors are hereby invited to come and display their wares at no charge - contact [email protected] for info.

showtime 5pm; admission $6; discount for Hukilau attendees tba

Swanky and I will be in Ft. Lauderdale as of Tuesday that week. We would love to get together with as many of you as possible. Please email us at [email protected] if you're arriving early and would like to take in some scenery or join us Wednesday night at the Mai Kai for Happy Hour and sushi.

We don't know a lot of your real names so help us out!

Oh, the painful irony of having started this thread. Due to financial setbacks, I suddenly can not make it to Hukilau, at all. I am dejected. But I fully intend to drive over and enjoy the Mai Kai on my own ASAP. Unfortunately, it just will not be with you splendid Individuals. Everyone have a great time and enjoy a Mai Tai for me.

Sorry, Kahuna!
My Hukliau fever is truning into a cough.

Hell, I've got Hukilau Monkeypox. Ain't no stoppin' me!

M

Humuhumu- That's bound to elicit a comment from tikimonkey.

On 2003-06-12 11:55, martiki6 wrote:
Humuhumu- That's bound to elicit a comment from tikimonkey.

Who do you think I caught it from?

T

I am going Hukilau-LOCO

I can't wait.......... AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRGHHHHH!

Thank you

I hope I don't get scarlet fever.

Do I need to bring mosquito repellent to Florida? Are they much of a problem?

Skeeters don't get really bad until the Fall, but a ten foot alligator just attacked a little kid in Central Florida. Did you know some of the early Tarzan movies were filmed here? Also, "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" first surfaced in Silver Springs, Florida. Whatever you do during the Hukilau, DON'T GO NEAR THE SWAMP!

S

Sunshine State? Have you looked outside today, KG?

M

Thanks for the Skeeter info!!

Looking forward to some Hot humidity! Out here on the other ocean it's been cold and wet! Actual puddles this a.m.!! So. cal is under siege with this Gloom!

On another note, I just made some new 8x10 prints off some old photos of my Grandfathers portfolio that were not for sale at Mondo or Oasis. 50's and 60's tiki's! I'll have them for sale on Sat. in the room or? . 5 bucks ea. A steal and a great addition to your tiki bar.

Bring on the heat! See you's all in a few days. Yee-Ha!

S

In case you didn't get the Hukilau news email: Bikini Bob's next to the Holiday Inn is changing it's name to Tiki Bob's for Friday. He's doing a luau with 2 roasted piggies, hula dancers, spinning our music and decorating. After the show at the hotel, our entertainers are taking over the stage there and we'll continue with the fun.

And new news, the Holiday Inn bar master guy is making hand made drinks for the night. He has years of experience in a Polynesian bar and will be making Mai Tai's, Zombies and more. I hope they can keep up!

The Mai Kai tells us Hukilau is the largest party they have had in anyone's memory. They thought House Industries was big with 150 for the dinner show. We are up to about 500 with a week to go! They are very excited about Hukilau too!

P

:tiki: THE ONLY CURE FOR HUKILAU FEVER! :tiki:

Hukilau 2003 Exclusive Edition by “Derek”
Gicleé Print Limited to Only 50 Pieces!

Last Day for Mail Orders !!!

If you will not be able to attend Hukilau 2003 in Sunny Fort Lauderdale...
Do not fret you can still order the official limited edition print online...

:tiki: http://www.tiki-god.com :tiki:

Pages: 1 18 replies