Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Jeff Beck with The Imelda May band

Pages: 1 8 replies

Just scored tickets for this show tonight. Has anybody seen the show in person? I'm seriously stoked for this. I'll post a review after the show.

ATP is so excited for you - he wanted me to send you this message:

Greetings Big Kahuna,
I saw the New York show of Jeff Beck with Imelda May on cable. It was a tribute to Les Paul and was amazing, very cool you are going to see it live.
My favorite album right now is " Imelda May's, "Mayhem" (Import only at the moment)

Enjoy the show! ATP

I hadn't heard of Imelda until I read this thread, so I googled her and found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppTozKyYLvk&feature=related
WOW! Should be a great show!

Holy Crap! That was frickin' cool! The show opened without Imelda on stage, but her husband Darrel Higham front & center. They kicked off with some great Rock-A-Billy standards, (Double Talkin' Baby, Train Kept-A-Rollin, ...) then Imelda came out & they did the tribute portion of the show to Les Paul & Mary Ford. Exit Imelda, enter the horns & a rousing rendition of Peter Gunn, followed by Apache & Sleepwalk. Back comes Imelda & all hell breaks loose. From Danny Boy to Elvis to Little Richard to Bill Haley, they rocked the house! If anybody gets a chance to see this show, DO IT!!! I don't go to a lot of shows anymore, finances dictate that I pick & choose carefully, but I hit the jackpot with this one. My last show before this was a very intimate Wanda Jackson show. Needless to say, that was great, too. Do yourselves a favor, folks & catch this tour before it's too late.

Imelda May and her band are amazing. Definitely recommend seeing her live show.

Second that,Seen her 4 times now and always great,They quite often finish with a great version of tainted love

Seems admiration for Imelda and her band is something all the Brits agree on!

There's no question I'll go out of my way to see her, whenever she's in the area.

Imelda May and her band are top notch! Great to see them get acceptance here.

Pages: 1 8 replies