Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

New Member needs HELP with log-on problems

Pages: 1 5 replies

Can someone help Michael out? I'm not sure what the problem is myself. Here is his message:

I have been unsuccessfull at generating a log on at Tiki Central. I have a work email address and a home email address. I first tried WikiTiki with (email removed) and got no response to say go here first in order to log on to TC. Weeks later, I decided that didn't work. I tried making WikiTiki with my work email and TC said that WikiTiki already existed as a log on. So, I tried another user name with my home addy and TC said that there is already a user using that email address for their log on ID. I then tried Tiki Slob with my work email addy and I got the message that said click here to log on for the first time at Tiki Central. So I clicked it and it said my pass word was wrong. So I selected "forgot password" and got a new temp pw from TC. I tried it and TC said it didn't like my password. So I tried the same kind of combo of log-ons and emails for my work email and got the same answers about user and email already being used.

Where I need your help if you can is to contact TC (or forward this to them) for me and see if they can fix one or both of the user names I created. Or if not, ask TC to delete them both so I can try again. I figured since you are already on the forum, you might be able to contact them. I can't seem to get to them from the outside. I tried sending an email explaining the above scenario but it got returned.

What ever you can do for a fellow shoebox-kustom/tikiphile guy would be appreciated.

Mahalos brah,
Michael

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - email address removed to prevent potential spam from email gathering bots - 2011-03-26 17:46 ]

H

Lukeulele, check your PM's.

TS

SO! Bruddas and sistas, kats and kittens, much mahalos to my brudda Lukeulele for posting a plea for help on my behalf. His tiki majick got me in touch with Hanford who provided me with the simple wisdom of "forgot my password". As my message to Lukeulele stated, in the past, "forgot my password" was not working too well. Between those majick words from Hanford and Lukeulele's post, I'm in. I have determined that because the majority of the effort came from my work computer (I mean who doesn't need Tiki at work, huh?) that there must have been some underlying blockage from the work server. Because...I was able to get right in once home on my own computer. So in celebration of finally getting to join Tiki Central, I with my lovely wife Patti celebrated with some Chinese take out.
Quick bio:
I'm a self proclaimed car kustomizer and tikiphile. My family and I live on Torrance, CA. I am a mechanical engineer at a local aerospace company. Married with four kids: three sons and a daughter. Two of the sons living at home still with the youngest 23 and he's a daddy. Three grandkids (the other two are my daughter's) and lots of love in the hale.
I love most things mid-century and enjoy Tiki to no end (I have a hula girl/tiki tattoo). I can't wait to participate in the on-line majick and some local events once I find them.
Later,
Michael

Welcome Tiki Slob,
as for tiki events in So. Cal.
there are tons of them, especially Spring thru Fall.
keep yer eye on this area:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewforum.php?forum=17&66015

Jeff(btd)

TS

Thanks bigtikidude. I will get to know my way around but I can see that the source you provided will be a lot of fun to browse while on phone conferences and such.
Laters,
TS

ALoha Tiki SLob....there are more than a few of us on TC living in the South Bay.

If you ever see this driving around...it's me.

Pages: 1 5 replies