Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Creating Tiki Speakers

Pages: 1 2 replies

I have a old pair of Peavey CS speakers. They are large (4' height and almost 3' width) large open speaker area with the bubble butt horn on top resembling a single tiki god eye. By painting or printing speaker cloth with a tiki image (teeth or other image) I can convert the speakers to function as a tiki statue as well as a set of commercial speakers. Any ideas for the image and what type of business can make the image?

Ricky Tiki

DZ

I think perhaps the reason you haven't gotten responses is that we don't have context here. What will the rest of the room look like where the speakers are going? If we know that we may be able to recommend some images. As for how to do it, I don't have any technical expertise, but it seems to me that anyplace that does silk screening should be able to do that for you.

Thanks for the response to my question. Each year I usually throw a couple of outdoor parties with a Tiki theme. I'll be posting pics (in the finds section) of a larger tiki bar that we just purchased for use at a party in May. I'm also a Karaoke jockey and will use the speakers again as part of a tiki theme. The speakers will be used in small halls like VFW or elk's clubs. I just looking for a few ideas. Looking at the posts of statutes I'm considering a set of square teeth with perhaps a nose above. The tiki bar will come later. I'm just starting my tiki journey.

Rick

Pages: 1 2 replies