Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Best Tiki in Greater Phoenix/Tucson

Pages: 1 5 replies

(I hope this is the right forum - apologies if not, this is my first post!)

I'm going to be visiting the greater Phoenix area next month and I'm delighted to see so many tiki places there! (I'm a total newbie and have been to exactly one tiki bar so far, Psycho Suzi's in Minneapolis, but I want to add to the list!) I want to make the most of my time in Arizona, but may not have time to visit every place I've come across. I think I have the main four on my list:

Drift Lounge, Scottsdale
Trader Vic's, Scottsdale
Hula's Modern Tiki, Phoenix
Kon Tiki, Tucson

If I can't make it to all four, which shouldn't I miss? And have I missed any great ones?

C

The Drift Lounge is R.I.P., so dilema solved!!

Trader Vic's & the Kon Tiki are definitely do-not-miss spots - ENJOY!!!!!!

nothing to write home about drink wise.
but "The Hut" in Tuscon is worth seeing for the giant Maoi out front,
and the huge Mug collection inside.

The Kon Tiki should be #1 on your list.....once you step inside you'll never want to leave.

S

You'll want to add Bikini Lounge to your list. If you like Psycho Suzy's, you'll dig Bikini. And it's not tiki, but stop by the Rum Bar. It's a new addition to The Breadfruit, a Jamaican restaurant, but it is THE PLACE to get a good rum drink in Phoenix. Then, go shopping at Go Kat Go.

Thanks so much, everyone! We had a great trip and I hope to return to Phoenix to get to the places we missed!

It was our first Trader Vic's experience and we loved it! And while I picked a bad drink at Hula's, I love their mug. And Kon Tiki is definitely a must-see, you're right! I hope this was the first of many tiki trips.

Surfalaia - Thanks for the Go Kat Go advice, it was worth the visit just to see the tiki sofa they have for sale. If I thought I could have gotten it on the plane...

Pages: 1 5 replies