Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Southern California 5/26/03 to 6/01/03 Events

Pages: 1 14 replies

Here's a reminder for those in the SoCal area for things happening this week of Monday 5/26 to Sunday 6/01:

• (Ongoing) "Pacific Island Summer" at The Aquarium of the Pacific"
  • (Ongoing) Sam's Seafood Polynesian Dinner & Show
  • (Ongoing) Shag A to Z Exhibit at BGH Gallery
  • Tahitian Dance Workshop
  • Ho'olaule'a 2003
  • Surfin' Sundays Concert Series at the HB Pier
  • Book, Print, Photo & Paper Fair: Tropical & Hotel/Motel postcard finds(?)
  • Purple Orchid Mug Release Party!

Details on my schedule below, or just click here.

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-05-28 18:47 ]

SCD,

Just a 'thank you' for keeping this thread up to date with tiki-related happenings.

Mahalo

H

Yes, thank you SCD! I've started marking down events in my personal calendar as an inspiration to get my ass in gear and make this move happen.

Me too! I go down to Visalia two or so times a month to visit my mom, so...it's wonderfully easy to tell myself, "just a couple more hours to LA!!"

Works well so far, with the help of SCD's handy-dandy calendar.

See y'all soon I hope--

Lisa

TikiVixen,

Next time you're coming down, we'll make sure Sam's Seafood is OPEN!

Hey, thanks you guys.

I had previously kept it as a personal calendar, and then found that I could make part of it private (only I could see it), and the other public. So now you don't see my doctors appointments, my business meetings, conference calls, etc., just the fun stuff.

I wasn't too sure if anyone really cared about the calendar, and was tempted to just make the whole thing private, but since it's actually being appreciated, then I'll just keep it as it is and add to it as I find more happenings going on around Southern California.

Yes, keep posting your calendar. So far I've visited it at least twice tryin' to find out what is going on with da gang.

Thanks SugarCaddyDaddy! Great calendar to keep all of us So CA (HB) tikiphiles up on the latest happenings! Inspired me to finally put together a calendar as well- sick of hearing all of my friends say "why didn't you tell me about (fill in the blank)" after the fact. In addition to tiki events, I have added concerts (usually old punk bands I have seen or missed the first go round), car shows, surf/sport events, movie event screenings, etc..here's the address: http://calendar.yahoo.com/tikiholics
And don't forget the Weiner Dog races on Sat nite at Los Alamitos...what could be more fun? (well, probably a lot of things, but hey, it's cheap & the kids are free)

I must have gone to the wrong address, is this Tiki Central or the SugarCaddyDaddy Admiration Society? Whoopee, he keeps a calendar...but can he core a apple?

Purple Jade,

I know you're just kidding because SCD is a great guy - tiki savvy, humorous, partying mo fo, and best of all - an H.B. brother!

Keep this in mind...

Yeah, well, his ass is grass if he doesn't own up to all but daring me to make that last post!

(There, you got yet another accolade, you weasel! But it still didn't get me a typical righteous Bonging!)

purple jade wrote:
(There, you got yet another accolade, you weasel! But it still didn't get me a typical righteous Bonging!)

Ha! She means me Bong. During our conversation, PJ was kidding around and said with a teasing voice "Thank you SugarCaddyDaddy....oh we looooove our SugarCaddyDaddy...he's got a calendar...we are soooo lucky", etc., etc., and I dared her to type something to that affect on the board, and she said that then maybe she will be one of the few chosen ones that get the "righteous Bonging" (as in TikiBong).

It was all in fun. Then Bong, you gave a very low-key response, and that just made me laugh, since it was the opposite of what she thought you'd say.

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-05-30 17:12 ]

On 2003-05-30 16:47, purple jade wrote:

That's because, believe it or not, there are a few non-So Cali TC'ers I have some sort of affinity for, you being one, Tikifish, Trader Woodey, Mig, and a few others included. I think it was something to do with a previous post of yours.

Now for the downside - if other TC'rs think I like you - it's the kiss of death!

(Hey! Maybe we could start "The Bong Show")

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-05-30 17:50 ]

Oh thank you for defending my honor, SuperCaddyDaddy! The citizens of Tikitropolis can sleep better at night knowing you are ever at the watch!

Urp, I've made myself ill...

Now for the downside - if other TC'rs think I like you - it's the kiss of death!

Well, dammit if YOU like me, I don't need NOBODY else! I've actually grown rather fond of your particular stylings myself.
(Ack, speaking of admiration societies...)

Pages: 1 14 replies