Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Where is that button?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Has anyone read an especially humorous or clever post on TC, and reflexively swung their mouse pointer down to the bottom of the post, to click on "Like"... experienced a moment of confusion or disorientation... then thought, "Doh! I'm not on Facebook!"

Uh, I certainly haven't, but I just wondered if it's happened to someone...

H

On 2011-04-02 20:52, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Has anyone read an especially humorous or clever post on TC, and reflexively swung their mouse pointer down to the bottom of the post, to click on "Like"... experienced a moment of confusion or disorientation... then thought, "Doh! I'm not on Facebook!"

Uh, I certainly haven't, but I just wondered if it's happened to someone...

Considering that you're a Grand Member, in a way, there actually IS a "Like" button. It's at the bottom of every thread and it looks like this:

By clicking on the button you are casting a vote to put the thread on the "Cool and Current" list. Okay, so you probably knew that already, but it's almost the same thing as a "Like" button.

Yes, I've used that for great threads, but that is "liking" the whole thread, not the particular post that impressed you.
I don't want a 'Like' button added, here... I'm fine with everything, as is. It was just an observation that, if you are frequently switching between TC and FB, it's hard to escape that impulse.

"The rum's the thing..."

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2011-04-06 08:25 ]

On 2011-04-02 22:57, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Yes, I've used that for great threads, but that is "liking" the whole thread, not the particular post that impressed you.
I don't want a 'Like' button added, here... I'm fine with everything, as is. It was just an observation that, if you are frequently switching between TC and FB, it's had to escape that impulse.

Why would you be switching back and forth to begin with? Wouldn't that make you dizzy?

W

"Has anyone read an especially humorous or clever post on TC..."

No.

On 2011-04-04 21:42, woofmutt wrote:

"Has anyone read an especially humorous or clever post on TC..."

No.

Whoops, you made me go looking for the 'Like' button, again!

W

All kidding aside,***** the Like button is one of the greatest contributions to Internet interactions. The Like button is similar to a Hallmark card cuz it makes it easy to say something without saying anything at all. Absolutely perfect for when you care just enough to press a button.

*****Actually, that'll never happen.

BS

i do that all the time on a couple sites. usually i'll end up just posting "*likes" in the comment box.

the hardest button to button:

http://youtu.be/gLESpHrtvxs

Pages: 1 8 replies