Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Possible MunkTiki Visit

Pages: 1 13 replies

M

So,

Who from NoCal would be interested in getting together a gathering to visit MunkTiki in Pacific Grove?

I think Polypop and other hoitytoities visited before, I'd love a tour - we could make a caravan of it this summer!

Martiki, are you in?

Interested Parties
Craig (Mellonbutt)
Tikimama "wherever I go..."
Tikimonkey "cheep cheep"
Tikivixen
cynfulcynner

possible date
Sometime in July

--
[->_

me!

On 2003-05-28 13:21, Melintur wrote:
I think Polypop and other hoitytoities visited before, I'd love a tour - we could make a caravan of it this summer!

Yes, a few of us Hoity Toity's (Me, Hula Hula, SugarCaddyDaddy, TraderPup and Floratina) made the trek to Munktiki on the way into town for the SF Tiki Bus Crawl. Stuckie and Paul were utterly gracious in allowing a bunch of us Internet strangers in to ogle their beautiful mugs.

Make sure you Email Stuckie first to arrange it -- their studio is not public and there is no storefront so don't just show up!

Here's the pics from Hula Hula's SF Bar Crawl photo album. You'll see pics from our Munktiki tour on the top of the first page.

http://www.shutterfly.com/os.jsp?i=67b0de21b334f9e565ee&open=1

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-05-28 13:49 ]

Melintur:

I'd love to visit Munktiki! July would be especially lovely...sounds like a dull month so far.

--tikivixen

p.s. note they haven't called you Melonhead yet--

p.p.s. the universal antiseptic's vodka, right?

M

On 2003-05-28 13:45, PolynesianPop wrote:
[Make sure you Email Stuckie first to arrange it -- their studio is not public and there is no storefront so don't just show up!

Oh, yeah - I wanted to get a possible head count so I could email and ask "Could X of us come visit, pretty please?" :D

-=C

I'm in!

--cindy

M

On 2003-05-28 13:55, tikivixen wrote:
Melintur:

I'd love to visit Munktiki! July would be especially lovely...sounds like a dull month so far.

--tikivixen  

p.s. note they haven't called you Melonhead yet--

p.p.s. the universal antiseptic's vodka, right?

Well, I was thinking Alcohol over all as a universal Aesthetic. :D

I'll start a list at the top if I get a few more interested parties - I was thinking July some time as well.

Personally, I'm waiting for Mellonball, or maybe Melinturd? That's a good one. I appreciate good humour even if I'm the butt of the joke. It's the spirit of Tiki! Heh.

-=C

T

Hey Craig, I'm interested, but could only go in early July....on a Sunday or...maybe I don't have time after all... :(

While Munktiki dosen't have an actual storefront, Paul's wife, Debba Debba, does have a store in Carmel inside of the shopping center on the corner of Ocean and San Carlos called Vanities which sells Munktiki and other artwork by Paul and Stuckie. I was just there this weekend. As soon as she realized I was into tiki mugs (I stopped by 3 times over the weekend), she kept talking and talking about tiki, Tiki Oasis, making tiki mugs, etc. She said, "hey do you want to go over to the workshop?", I said, "No it's okay..." (I was anticipating a 5 hour drive down the PCH and it was getting late). But she still picked up the phone and dialed Paul and Stuckie. Fortunately, no one picked up. Then she said, "you want the address? You can walk around." She was really nice, but can really talk your ear off.

Just to show there's no No Cal/So Cal rivalry, us So Cali's will help you No Cali's plan something to do as we have a bunch of events coming up in June, July and August.

By the way, how's your No Cal monthly gatherings coming along?

Personally, I'm waiting for Mellonball, or maybe Melinturd? That's a good one.

Melinoma, Melintumor, Melanie, Melignant, Felontur, Mel(from Alice)intur, Belle-intur, Melon Tour, Mel On Tour, Mel in Torme, Terminul, Lemon True, Meltinur(mouth not in your hand)

ok, that's enough for now. Drinkymonkey out.

M

Put me and the missus down for a little Munktiki action. However, the last weekend of July is out for me, and every other saturday night is a performance night for me, so it would have to be a day trip only for us, I'm afraid. Unless people want to come to Marin for a little theatre afterwards? :) August is a little better for us timewise.

-martin

Can SoCal folk get in on the tour? I have lots of extended family in Monterey County and might find an excuse to drop off my kids with the Abuelitos in Salinas. Then Mr. and Mrs. Monkeyman could hang with the Bay Area folk. I lived in Sonoma and Marin County and worked in the City for a few years. Let me know what the potential dates might be.

Thanks

Da Monkeyman,

This sounds like a cool field trip.
I would be interested in meeting the Munktiki Ohana and eyeballin' the craftsmanship. I have a pretty flexible schedule.
Chongolio

Pages: 1 13 replies